• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throwing question

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What advantages doos throwing do? Can you still gets HCI 50? Oh, an can the mastery called shot maked it go above 45 HCI?

Deso

Visitor
Sorry to interrupt your topic, but I have Throwing related question too:
- does Throwing count toward specials mana cost reduction? (-5 for 200 to 299 skills / -10 mana for total 300 skill or more)
Official UO wiki does not have Throwing listed:
The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior’s skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost.

Lord Solor

Adventurer
There seem to be more questions than answers about throwing and the dev team has no proper documentation on this complex skill.

My guess is that this is code they inherited from the previous team and no one currently on staff has the slightest idea how it works. Since no one is complaining about it being overpowered it is unlikely to get much attention.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I thought I remember seeing something about strength helping the range... Could be that it ensures you are able to reach maximum range, and less str just incurs a penalty?