• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throwing hci penalty sweet spot

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've found multiple answers in looking for this, so I apologize if one of them was actually the correct answer.

Throwing had a sweet spot, where if you were too close your hci was reduced or too far etc.

Is this still in effect? If you have 120 throwing is there a potential hci reduction based on tile distance?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the "official" UO wiki (Posted on March 29, 2017)

Perfect – Maximum range of six tiles, thrown a distance of four tiles. No Hit Chance penalty, no damage reduction.

Im sure you probably looked here but just in case...

Throwing – Ultima Online

As its the official website you would think its the correct information. Then again this is UO we are talking about!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the thing that gets me, that as far as I saw it is only posted there. Like how does Dex factor in? How negated is it? Can you compensate for the penalty with overcapped hci? I dunno why they made throwing more complicated then any other weap skill.

"Even though they may be meant to be thrown, these weapons all have sharp, mean edges on them – perfect for catching an unsuspecting melee fighter off guard. A player’s Dexterity can partially negate the Hit Chance penalty incurred by such close proximity."

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At one point it was true that if you had like 120 of another weap skill or 120 throwing or something then this reduction didn't occur. Now I'm reading that may not be the case, but it is effected by Dex, and there is no way to know how it works exactly...

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was under the impression that if you had 120 throwing there was no hit chance penalty, I know there is still the decrease in damage at a certain range though.