• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throwing away gold

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have recently acquired a large amount of gold. What is the fastest way to get it from my bank to a trash can? Do I really have to withdraw it little by little and throw it away stack by stack?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have recently acquired a large amount of gold. What is the fastest way to get it from my bank to a trash can? Do I really have to withdraw it little by little and throw it away stack by stack?
I'm sure one of these noble scripters can whip you up a little routine to painlessly trash your valuables.
Maybe some members of VICE can help you out.

Deschet

Journeyman
Feel free to dontate to the less fortunate. :lol:

Or you could run around the bank singing 'Money Ain't a Thang' while dropping stacks everywhere.

You get clean up points for dumping money like that?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:postpics:
Fastest way donate to the zoo then trash items.

Deschet

Journeyman
Yeah. Think you can donate money to the Britain library too and essentially buy all the rewards (tailsmans, etc). I think.

Maybe Vesper museum as well.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good call, thanks!
At lest you help the zoo that way as well. Throwing gold in trash just brings some of it to the SA area. Use to pick up bags of checks when the bless deeds where a reward

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fastest way to get it out of your bank is spend it on something very expensive and toss that... silly @Stinky Pete

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Since when is 300 mil " a large amount of gold" ?
That's like the equivalent of one EM drop.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Since when is 300 mil " a large amount of gold" ?
That's like the equivalent of one EM drop.
It's a large amount to me. It's a large amount if you have to withdraw it and throw it away stack by stack.

Why don't you throw away more than that? Show me exactly how little it is!

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Donate it to Stratics and let them use it for some player events. Build community

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
In a game of platinum s , it's not ....

It like some one bragging they are doing their part to fight air pollution by driving a tiny car while 6000 trucks and suvs zoom by them on the interstate .

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

It like some one bragging they are doing their part to fight air pollution by driving a tiny car while 6000 trucks and suvs zoom by them on the interstate .
The post was made so I could get information on how to do it without getting carpal tunnel or having to write a script. No bragging intended. I used the zoo method because now I know that the gold is gone and nobody else is going to get it which is what is important to me. Now that I know this method, I will continue using it whenever I acquire "large amounts" of gold and I won't have to make a post asking about how to do it.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He can do what he wants with his gold. I just told him the fastest way to get it out of Circulation. I Salute you @Stinky Pete for your efforts. But its just a drop in the bucket.

You have players here that are at 40p and above. To make any change we would need 50000p removed from game.

And to be honest to alot of players 300mil is alot. Hear stories about people being to happy to hit the 100mil mark.

Its not to any pet trainers or rares collectors. Myself I feel broke when am at 500mil. Right now sitting on about 45 to 75mil on 3 accounts.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd buy that book from you. What shard is it on? Shinobi is one of my heroes and a long time THIEF associate. I don't have a copy of that book but I would be interested in one.

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That book was given to me by Shinobi a very long time ago. Not sure how many still exist. Its on Atlantic

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The post was made so I could get information on how to do it without getting carpal tunnel or having to write a script. No bragging intended. I used the zoo method because now I know that the gold is gone and nobody else is going to get it which is what is important to me. Now that I know this method, I will continue using it whenever I acquire "large amounts" of gold and I won't have to make a post asking about how to do it.
Oh I'm so sorry , mr sensitive.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Color me ignorant, but how did you get your bank to hold 5000 stacks of 60k ? Or did you acquire this gold in check form, in which case you could have just tossed it straight in the trash ? Nvm, I didn't think that this was a sale of some kind LOL, i've been away for a while .

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'd buy that book from you. What shard is it on? Shinobi is one of my heroes and a long time THIEF associate. I don't have a copy of that book but I would be interested in one.
uhm didn't you just donate all your gold to a Zoo? You'd better get back to work out there in Sosaria. You have goals now!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Color me ignorant, but how did you get your bank to hold 5000 stacks of 60k ? Or did you acquire this gold in check form, in which case you could have just tossed it straight in the trash ? Nvm, I didn't think that this was a sale of some kind LOL, i've been away for a while .
No. Pete is for real : I think he just recently sold a ?Castle? in Atl or something. Thats likely how he got the gold. Goes straight to your bank account. So all of what he said about how to kill the gold is likely real. I really do believe he just nuked 300M by the method he described, or was recommended to him.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm genuinely intrigued and baffled with this and it's keeping me awake now. The only way to acquire instant gold, the 300 million in question, is by selling something. You don't just loot those numbers on a corpse.
The main 'big money' things that are sold in UO these days are housing, rares and pets. If you genuinely didn't want any gold for those things you could just have easily... collapsed the castle.. trashed the rare.. released the pet.

Each to their own I guess, the question was answered and the motive will no doubt remain a mystery.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you absolutely need to know, here is the post where I acquired the gold:

An associate of mine was leaving the game so I asked if I could sell his Atlantic houses. I don't have any accounts with free housing so I made a quick sale while he held the houses for me. I was contacted by a buyer and had my associate log in to sell the houses. He gave me the gold. I kept some for myself and destroyed the rest. Had I just let the houses fall, someone would have gotten them for free and I certainly couldn't have that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Checks and piles of gold in the bank box haven't existed in several years. It's a single virtual gold amount shared by all the account's characters on that shard, these days. Even trades between characters are done virtually in the trade windows' lines for gold and platinum.

Getting it OUT of the bank is the hard part. The Community collections are probably the easiest way to actually "trash" gold, and doing with the Zoo is probably the best public service you could do with it, followed by the Vesper Museum and Britain Library (all of which, get displays, but the Library would require donating to many different NPCs).

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Checks and piles of gold in the bank box haven't existed in several years.
And given this fact also beggars why anyone would want to trash it (up to them if they want to go down that route of course), but it takes up no bank space and causes no harm to anyone let alone an already long broken economy.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And given this fact also beggars why anyone would want to trash it (up to them if they want to go down that route of course), but it takes up no bank space and causes no harm to anyone let alone an already long broken economy.
Go to bed.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Worse: it is the bragging of some teenager that just read "Atlas Shrugged" and is unable, in is undestanding of the book, to go beyond the point in which Ellis Wyatt's set fire to his oil fields because they are "HIS fields".

Last edited: