• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throwing and parry

Nosfentor

Visitor
AS THE UI GUIDE SAYS:

""Shield Penalties
All the throwing weapons are one-handed in nature which allows the thrower to equip a shield or other item in their off hand. The player will suffer a defense and hit chance penalty for using a shield while using a throwing weapon. These penalties can be offset by investing skill points into Parrying. Player’s with no skill points in the Parry Skill will now have a minimum chance to hit.""

So.. If I train parry to 120 with my thrower do I get penalty at all?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is still a penalty, the exact documentation was lost years ago.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix and @Bleak - Would you happen to have calculation for this or know more information that can be shared?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From one of Bleak past post
[Throwing] - Throwing & Parry
At 120 Parry you will have a 10% DCI penalty. Example a player has 50 DCI without using parry, shield, and throwing weapon; Their new DCI will be 45 at 120 parry when using a shield and throwing weapon.

Stephen Brown, aka "Bleak" :talktothehand:
Software Engineer, Ultima Online