• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing and Parry

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to find out if 120 parry let you use throwing like normal..

I think it used to be still a -10% chance to hit and -10% chance to defence

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The last time I checked there was a penalty although I'm not sure about numbers.

And because it's a penalty to hit chance (not to hit chance increase) you miss even against sheep and rats.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, throwing with a shield is not overcome with 120 Parrying. It really is a pity. It would open up a few neat templates if it did negate the disadvantage.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been looking for posts on Throwing and Parrying and have not been able to find the ones I recall. The best I can find is direct from the Publish 66 notes:

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_66
Throwing Changes

• Close Quarters Combat: A player’s dexterity and throwing skill equal to Grandmaster or higher can compensate for the hit chance penalty. Close quarters combat with a throwing weapon will no longer require you to have the swordsmanship skill to negate hit chance penalty.
  • Shield Penalties: Player’s with no skill points in the Parry Skill will now have a minimum chance to hit.