• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Thrower parry template help.

Felipovisk

Adventurer
Hello!

Since the halloween event from 2020 i trying to change my garg thrower into something more usefull.
My thrower is the usual wraith thrower or wammy, max throwing damage, all the HCI and DCI and DI cap, max swing speed and everything else.
I usually just use my garg for clockwork exodus and barely for Scalis and navrey. I know i could use him everywhere, but i just got best options like a sampire and a weaver tammer.
With this little history beeing tolld, i want to turn him into something more usefull, and came to mind a basic paladin template, with 4/6 and in this case the parry would come as a build pillar, since i will be using a shield mostly for the 1 FC. And i dont wanna use Venom jewel or any other crappy item.

So i did some research and was traying to put together a parry thrower with 4/6 chiv, but i couldnt find solid information about a 120 parry thrower. Here are my question:

1 - what are the numbers for HCI penalty if you have 120 parry and use a shield and a throw weapon?

And for the template, i would love to see the stats, skills and items someone with a parry thrower template uses, so i could get some ideas where i should start changing my suit.
I am coming up with this thread, because its not cheap buy jewels and mess around with it.

Thanks in advance to whom that can help me out.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I do not recommend building a thrower with parrying.

Per UO Guide:
1621319065116.png

Not sure if it's worth it to carry a shield and be a thrower. You should be staying far enough back from the fight that you do not need parry. You are better off using your free hand to chug potions.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the key line in the penalty description is "These penalties can be offset by investing skill into Parrying."

I have a 4/6 chiv parry thrower on Siege Perilous and like it a lot. I have 120 real skill parrying and never felt there was a hci penalty, which makes sense since 120 should completely offset any penalty.
Now of course on Siege you have to make certain sacrifices since there is no insurance so my suits are entirely built around a blessed enchantress' cameo. Also the reason why parry makes sense on Siege is that you'll be better prepared for attacks by PvPers/PKs.
Template: 120 throwing, chiv, parry, resist, 100 tactics, rest is up to personal preference - I like 80 anatomy/80 healing with +20 resist on jewellery. Rather hard to kill even when dismounted while you can switch to your cyclone and dismount attackers with 1.25 s swings. Decent damage output for PvM.
I won't bother posting the suit and stats because it is 100% imbued items, which on prodo would be considered underpowered. So what you can take away from this is: it works on Siege, so it should work even better on prodo.