• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Threads of Life and Fate Sayings

G

Going to keep this updated as I find more. Reply if you have one not on the list.

**NOTE!**
Spirit Speak is required to get anything from the threads. A friend of mine was able to do it at 95. As for any lower than that, I'm not sure.

=========================================
Threads of Life:
"You begin working."

"You face a dark wood with two paths, and finally choose the one you wish to travel."

"You make a new friend."

"For a fleeting moment you walk along the edge of a dream, sharing in the experience."

"A jumble of thoughts tumble chaotically through, but at last the confusion passes."

"For a brief moment you are able to believe something as someone else does, yet it doesn't last."

"You have a child."

"You are born."

"You take a moment to reflect upon the past, and find it leads you to a solution for the present"

"You protect something"

"You are imprisoned."

"You fight."

"You marry."

"You're faced by an unfamiliar problem, but experience has given you the tools to forge ahead."

"Vivid images fill your mind, and unfamilar thoughts struggle to give them meaning"

"Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale."

"You die"

"The sights, smells and sounds are long gone, but you can still feel them as though it just happened."

"You're blinded by bursts of color, and reality seems to bend around you."

"You find a lover."

Threads of Fate:
"Passion dances with lust, you know what you want."

"The coldness bursts into flame: for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."

"For one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you; you've never felt happier."

"Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven"

"Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something."

"Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost."

"Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope."

"Indescribable feelings flow through you; your love is returned by another.."

"A feeling of euphoria envelopes you: something new, something wonderful, something undiscovered!"

G

I am going to click them on my red and see what they do. I will post back in a few moments.

Nope nothing it would seem you must have spirit speak to be able to do anything with these at all.

G

I have gotten several of the threads and tried klicking on them, but received
no message at all.
Is SS required?

G

Spirit Speak is required, yes. I will edit the first post to say this.

I

imported_dexdash

my thread of life just says "you are a tool" over and over again.... Bugged?

C

Chango Pelon

The threads do not change what they say, it will always be the same but different threads say different things. in my experience that is. The thread that says You made a friend will always say that and so on.

I

imported_dexdash

has anyone tryed to combine the threads in order?

I

imported_Sarphus

The threads of life seem like they could be put in a specific order to outline a life.

I'm sure the other threads have an order too...
I'm curious enough that I'm going to go through all my threads and see if I have any messages not on your list.

I

imported_Sarphus

actually, some of the fate and life threads appear to go together...

your love is returned seems to combine with the you find a lover and you get married threads.

I

imported_Sarphus

noting the long timer before you can use a thread again, I think there are combinations of threads you can use to solve a puzzle (possibly more than one)

so maybe something happens when you hit threads in a specific order

T

TirNaNog

<blockquote><hr>

noting the long timer before you can use a thread again, I think there are combinations of threads you can use to solve a puzzle (possibly more than one)

so maybe something happens when you hit threads in a specific order

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this too, and posted something about it in the other Thread thread before Vaen started the new one.

I thought the Fate threads followed either a good/bad split or related to the virtues or principles. Really they seem the least related to each other to me so far, but I kind of divided them up as such:

Thread of Fate
Good things:
"A feeling of euphoria envelopes you: something new, something wonderful, something undiscovered!"
"Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope."
"Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale." (Truth?)
"For one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you; you've never felt happier."
"Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven"
"Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something."

Ambiguous things:
"Passion dances with lust, you know what you want." (Covetous?)

Bad things:
"Fear rises from the pit of your stomach; you flee, you flee without hesitation." (Destard or Cowardice?)
"Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost."
"The coldness bursts into flame; for a moment your hatred knows no bounds." (Despise or Hatred?)

Thread of Life
These seemed to be in the category of "life events". The events themselves didn't seem specific enough to pertain to any stories. They just seemed like fragments of an unspecific normal life. Also, they are all simple sentences. I put them in a sort of order.

"You are born."
"You begin working."
"You make a new friend."
"You find a lover"
"You marry."
"You have a child."
"You protect something"
"You fight."
"You are imprisoned."
"You die"

The following seemed to all relate similarly to a decision or choice to be made. I don't want to add much conjecture on whether they might relate to the "event choice" (as in choose your side) or just lump them in with the "life events".. however they do seem different and are definitely longer, compound sentences.

"You take a moment to reflect upon the past, and find it leads you to a solution for the present"
"You face a dark wood with two paths, and finally choose the one you wish to travel."
"You're faced by an unfamiliar problem, but experience has given you the tools to forge ahead."

I think the last set are the most interesting. They seem to indicate some sort of vision and seem to actually have a logical progression. I' suggest they go in this order:

"For a fleeting moment you walk along the edge of a dream, sharing in the experience."

"Vivid images fill your mind, and unfamiliar thoughts struggle to give them meaning"

"A jumble of thoughts tumble chaotically through, but at last the confusion passes."

"For a brief moment you are able to believe something as someone else does, yet it doesn't last."

"The sights, smells and sounds are long gone, but you can still feel them as though it just happened."

S

Sabbath

<blockquote><hr>

my thread of life just says "you are a tool" over and over again.... Bugged?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Thanks dexdash...I nearly soiled my pantaloons on that one...*snicker*

G

Yeah, I'm waiting a day or so more to see if there's any more "life" threads, and then I'm going to work with Phyrra on attempting to organize them.

T

TirNaNog

Not trying to take anything from your work on documenting and deciphering them .. just itching to get some ideas.

I

imported_Sarphus

What if the fate/life threads are designed to be used together to tell a story?

It looks like you can form some pretty coherant story when you combine the threads like this (or something close)

You are born.

A feeling of euphoria envelopes you: something new, something wonderful, something undiscovered!

You begin working.

You make a new friend.

Passion dances with lust, you know what you want.

You find a lover.

Indescribable feelings flow through you; your love is returned by another..

You marry.

For one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you; you've never felt happier.

You have a child.

You protect something

You fight.

Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost.

You are imprisoned.

The coldness bursts into flame: for a moment your hatred knows no bounds.

Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven

You die

You're blinded by bursts of color, and reality seems to bend around you.

For a fleeting moment you walk along the edge of a dream, sharing in the experience.

A jumble of thoughts tumble chaotically through, but at last the confusion passes.

Vivid images fill your mind, and unfamilar thoughts struggle to give them meaning

For a brief moment you are able to believe something as someone else does, yet it doesn't last.

The sights, smells and sounds are long gone, but you can still feel them as though it just happened.

Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something.

You're faced by an unfamiliar problem, but experience has given you the tools to forge ahead.

You take a moment to reflect upon the past, and find it leads you to a solution for the present

You face a dark wood with two paths, and finally choose the one you wish to travel.

Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale.

Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope.

T

TirNaNog

<blockquote><hr>

What if the fate/life threads are designed to be used together to tell a story?

It looks like you can form some pretty coherant story when you combine the threads like this (or something close)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it!

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

A few additions to Tir's thoughts.....In more or less random order.

-----------------------------------------------------

roughly analogous to:
"Falsehood robs thy mind of sight."

"The coldness bursts into flame; for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."
roughly analogous to:
"Hate provokes thy heart to fight."

"Fear rises from the pit of your stomach; you flee, you flee without hesitation."
roughly analogous to:
"A fearful soul, e'er poised for flight."

And of course the poem finishes with:

"The shadows come to quench the light." A reference of course to the Shadowlords.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You're right to highlight the ambiguous nature of the thing about lust.

It's also VERY curious that this is in the Thread of Fate.

Is lust a fate, per se? Isn't more something that you experience in life?

------------------------------------------------

When you think about it.....You can basically pair up any statement from the Thread of Life with any statement from the Thread of Fate (excepting the "lust" one which fits less and less with the others the more I think about it.)

Examples include the following.

-"You are born; Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope."

-"You are imprisoned; The coldness bursts into flame; for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."

-------------------------------------------------------

The longer statements from the Thread of Life can be seen as transitions.

For example, the order can be arranged this way:

"You are born."

"You begin working."

"You make a new friend."

"You find a lover"
"You marry."

"You have a child."
"Vivid images fill your mind, and unfamiliar thoughts struggle to give them meaning"

Etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day though.....I honestly think they don't mean anything per se.

I think they are there to make the MacGuffin itself more interesting.

For those of you who don't know that term, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin

A MacGuffin is a plot device....It's what the characters are chasing, but it's of way more importance to the characters than the audience.

Spys in a spy film are chasing documents, or a formula, and so forth. In Pulp Fiction, the characters were chasing a briefcase. We the audience never find out what is in that briefcase, but it doesn't matter to us, it matters to the characters.

In this case.....I think that what's gonna really matter is what WE can do with these threads. NOT whatever their purpose is to whomever made them.

For some of us, the Threads themselves are going to be an end, not a means to an end, and I suspect that those people will keep at least one of each, and thus the objects will remain in the game long after the "turn in" is over.

And that's pretty cool.

-Galen's player

T

TirNaNog

<blockquote><hr>

roughly analogous to:
"Falsehood robs thy mind of sight."

"The coldness bursts into flame; for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."
roughly analogous to:
"Hate provokes thy heart to fight."

"Fear rises from the pit of your stomach; you flee, you flee without hesitation."
roughly analogous to:
"A fearful soul, e'er poised for flight."

And of course the poem finishes with:

"The shadows come to quench the light." A reference of course to the Shadowlords.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this usage with the poem. It's kind of what I was hoping to find in fitting them with the anti-principles, but still not totally sure of it.

<blockquote><hr>

You're right to highlight the ambiguous nature of the thing about lust.

It's also VERY curious that this is in the Thread of Fate.

Is lust a fate, per se? Isn't more something that you experience in life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought perhaps it would be grouped in with "bad things" - at least in kind of a western philosophy sense, but didn't want to make that assumption. It could suffice as a description of Covetous, but at the same time is really not either good or bad, or fate, as you point out. A lot of people would associate Love with Fate, but I've never heard an association with Lust and Fate.

<blockquote><hr>

A MacGuffin is a plot device....It's what the characters are chasing, but it's of way more importance to the characters than the audience.

Spys in a spy film are chasing documents, or a formula, and so forth. In Pulp Fiction, the characters were chasing a briefcase. We the audience never find out what is in that briefcase, but it doesn't matter to us, it matters to the characters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like something I might have subjected you to..

G

Lets also consider that these random sayings could be just that, random sayings.
After all, creating something more complex is probably expecting too much.
This is EA after all.

I

imported_Cyrah

lol !! For one small moment I thought it could be something wonderful, that passed.

They are just skinny fortune cookies in various directions. ( all the coding for whatever this item was that was available)

Players are so hungry for something with true substance. Seeing stuff blow up was fun the first 100 times. (The emperor has no clothes!)

I do appreciate the fact that some of you still care enough to share the information. It was nice to hope again.

G

GuitarStrings129

yeah as much as i like the idea of a deep mystery puzzle.
I can almost garuntee its false, and that they are just a turn in for some mediocre reward.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Lets also consider that these random sayings could be just that, random sayings.
This is EA after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just like those random runes that turnes out of be anagrams that gave hints about what was happening.

Oh, and those random runes that inu's rune beetle was flashing at us that turned out to be nothing... err more clues

and those various books that were just random assortments of... more clues

and those random questions that the wisp asked us and all those other things we did to advance the storyline.

I really think Draconi is into puzzles. I think he uses every opportunity to sneak puzzles into the game and pretty much all content released by him should at least be considered as possibly being a puzzle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is EA after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just like those random runes that turnes out of be anagrams that gave hints about what was happening.

Oh, and those random runes that inu's rune beetle was flashing at us that turned out to be nothing... err more clues

and those various books that were just random assortments of... more clues

and those random questions that the wisp asked us and all those other things we did to advance the storyline.

I really think Draconi is into puzzles. I think he uses every opportunity to sneak puzzles into the game and pretty much all content released by him should at least be considered as possibly being a puzzle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't misunderstand me. I would love it if they turn out to be something along
the lines of a cryptic puzzle. It would be the first indication that there is someone
on the DEV team that is capable of actual creative thought.

The idea of placing such a message, that can only be discovered by Spirit
Speakers, like a Cartographer with T-maps, would be fantastic. But EA's
track record doesn't indicate this type of optimism. I guess only time will tell.

G

Well this kinda sucks as i dont have ANY chars with spirit speak

A

AshOfCaine

I have a char with 65 real skill Spirit Speak and double clicking does nothing. Using jewelry I have found it appears to require a displayed skill of 80 and up to get the sayings. Also this char has zero necro, so it is just displayed skill of 80+ Spirit Speak.

G

I have not received any other says in the past few days. This may be a completed list.

G

I got a "You begin working" (you have this listed) one, and I was like!!!!

Because I thought it "meant" something, ;P you know...like I thought my Necro/SS guy was going to do something with the thread ;S but, nah...nothing, just a saying