• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thoughts on where to farm Spellweaving and Mysticism Scrolls.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thanks for the input. In addition to wandering around Sosaria's forests collecting reagents, Filling spell books is an oddly relaxing task for me this old Sage.

*tips his hat and gives you a wink*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get weaving scrolls from Mel and maybe other peerless? If any players want to make a weaver, I take them to Sanctuary and have them do the quest there. Then trade them a full book for their empty one.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
cus if I wanna get a rare color. Scrolls are a nice bonus to loot
Speaking of Cu's... I just got back from a lengthy break, and Cu's used to have bandies on them once you killed them. Killed some last night and no bandies even though I kill them in a few seconds. Did they "fix" that to where they no longer drop them?

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As others have said Miasma, Swoop drop them as well. Spellweaving – Ultima Online
Dungeons where they drop.

• Bedlam
  • Blighted Grove
  • Citadel
  • Labyrinth
  • Palace of Paroxysmus
  • Painted Cave
  • Prism of Light
  • Sanctuary
  • Twisted Weald
I got most of mine from Painted Caves or farming Swoop, usually just end up buying a full book off vendors though.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
While doing the Black Gate Julia quest about 12 times across all my characters (the one where you have to kill dragons, troglodytes, etc.), I looted every trog. I found one spellweaving scroll total. Mathematically I had to kill at least 600 trogs - so the drop rate there is very low.

On the plus side, I found lots of bandages :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
They usually sell quickly. Price has shot up on them a lot since I played last. Still no need to put summon fiend/fey in them though right? Last I knew you could not even cast them unless you complete the quest to get the scroll.
An old Sage always makes a book complete my friend. It is known.

*puffs his pipe and enjoys the sweet sent of the true Termur Treefellow Tabac*

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
They usually sell quickly. Price has shot up on them a lot since I played last. Still no need to put summon fiend/fey in them though right? Last I knew you could not even cast them unless you complete the quest to get the scroll.
correct. No reason to do the summon spells because you cant cast it unless you do the quest.

I put the 14 spell books on my vendor and they always sell out

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like said, any ML mob can drop Spellweaving Scrolls. I usually just pick them up while farming for something else. Farming keys for Peerless runs? Farming Cus for colors? Farming Crystal Daemons to make Gorgon Lenses? Farming Miasma for chests? Farming any named ML Mob for drops like Quiver of the Elements (dat 50% Weight Reduction) or Pads of the Cu Sidhe? Farming Abscess/Putrifier for Legendary Artifacts? SW Scroll drops are a side bonus.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
farm Cu's until my fame gets too low and they start auto attacking.
then over to Miasma and farm that for a bit.... Miasma i find can get tricky because it dies so fast i cant even look at the loot and they bodies stack so deep its hard to find the latest kill.
then i just keep going back and forth between those 2.
best bang for the buck i think, because of all the chests = maps you get off Miasma you can then dig up for sell.

if i get bored of Miasma ill go into Bedlam and kill the named guys in there.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Miasma i find can get tricky because it dies so fast i cant even look at the loot and they bodies stack so deep its hard to find the latest kill.
I use the object handles (control + shift) and click the handles instead of the corpses. The ones I've already clicked will be hidden and I only see the latest kill. Not sure if this is an EC only option though.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the object handles (control + shift) and click the handles instead of the corpses. The ones I've already clicked will be hidden and I only see the latest kill. Not sure if this is an EC only option though.
CC also has the option to open corpses in range during combat. It's under miscellaneous in the options menu. Huge time saver.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
CC also has the option to open corpses in range during combat. It's under miscellaneous in the options menu. Huge time saver.
It does... the only thing to note is that if you kill more than 1 target at once it will not open the corpse (sometimes the cancel each other out too). So you will open at most 1 but sometimes none. That's my experience on my sampire; anyone else have the same experience?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Since its an action to open the corpse and you can only do one action at a time then when two or more monsters die at same time only one will open.
If you change weapon when a monster dies your are busy doing something else and nothing will be opened.
If you are looting something you are also busy doing something and no corpse will be opened.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does... the only thing to note is that if you kill more than 1 target at once it will not open the corpse (sometimes the cancel each other out too). So you will open at most 1 but sometimes none. That's my experience on my sampire; anyone else have the same experience?
Thanks I never realized that. I like having it on though I find it saves a few clicks.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like said, any ML mob can drop Spellweaving Scrolls.
Any mob introduced with ML or any mob in a dungeon introduced with ML?
Because if it is the latter, I'll throw in Chiikkaha the Toothed in Sanctuary - with a vermin slayer and some fire damage he goes down very fast and respawn quickly. I used to farm him for fame to raise the sacrifice virtue as there was never anybody else there.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any mob introduced with ML or any mob in a dungeon introduced with ML?
Because if it is the latter, I'll throw in Chiikkaha the Toothed in Sanctuary - with a vermin slayer and some fire damage he goes down very fast and respawn quickly. I used to farm him for fame to raise the sacrifice virtue as there was never anybody else there.
Any ML creature, or ML Named Mob (which includes Chiikkaha). Thrasher in Fel (double Fame and +1k Luck) Blighted Grove is an excellent way to farm Fame and Honor (up to Knight), he also drops around 1.2k Gold per and is a decent source of 10% SSI Jewelry. He respawns almost instantly, and while he doesn't have a Slayer (despite what UOGuide says), he also has 0 Cold/Energy Resist (Cu Sidhes tear him apart), so is easy to kill.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prism of Light has the highest drop rate. Something insane like 50 - 75% chance to get a spellweave scroll per kill on the high end monsters.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Peerless in general are a good place to look for Spellweaving scrolls. In particular, Lady Mel and Dreadhorn will sometimes drop multiple scrolls. Medusa usually good for dropping some Mysticism scrolls.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nabin, I have enough Spellweaving scrolls to fill hundreds of books. I can move them for you if you like. For me, getting the book is harder than harvesting the scrolls. Let me know.