• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thoughts on template

L

lancelot99

At the moment i run a tamer/bard but in the few weeks back i have realised a tamer no longer holds the power a mage or sammy has (and a nightmare in the new dungeons/areas), so need some thoughts on changing...

Current template

tame 115
lore 115
vet 120
music 120
discord 120
mage 100
rest... med

maybe raise provoke and mage to 120 and add necro and spirit speak?

or maybe mystic and focus?

also, if i have 3 music skills (music, discord and provoke) is the mastery more effective/more damage? than just discord and music?

all advice apreciated

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
mystic bard is a nice template.

i have one and its a lot of fun.

also, if i have 3 music skills (music, discord and provoke) is the mastery more effective/more damage? than just discord and music?
i dont understand what the question is here?
just running mastery and not disco on the mob?

why wouldnt you run disco on the mod?
it will die faster if you do.
and why wouldnt you?

L

lancelot99

Thanks for the reply...

What i was saying with the discord question is..

if i have 120 music, 120 discord, 120 provoke ... are the mastery spells more effective (more damaging) than the mastery spells with just misic 120 and discord 120 ?

so in effect, are the mastery spells more powerful the more barding skills you have?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
took me a couple times of reading that to finally figure out what you are asking.

YES!

the higher your NATURAL skill in the barding skills the BETTER and HARDER HITTING your mastery will be.

the masteries go strictly off of natural skill.
while the skills themselves go off of the numbers.

so if you go to disco and provo and critter that has a 160 barding diff and you only have 90 real skill in music and provo and then use your suit to get you up to 120 in music and disco and provo there is no difference between you and a pure bard who actually has 120 in all those skills.
where the difference will be felt is when you go to use the mastery.
since your real is at 90 you will only get the base damages and such added to your mastery.

if your 120 real then you will get all the max damages and such.
definitely worth while if your using masteries to have them done up real.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you poo, that really answered a lot of questions!!! Do u recommend the cleanup bard set for a x4 bard? I know it doesnt affect masteries, but do u think its worth it?

Nb: for players who are using this set, not that one piece isnt mage armor, u can still imbue it, so np

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think the suit is neat.

i personal dont use it though.

I HAVE 2 of them sitting in a chest.
i just dont use them.

the low durability and cost to replace and imbue isnt worth it to me for the 5% barding skill.

but thats just me.
a lot of people have them and love them.

that and the fact that i would never remember to dd click the suit to turn it on, haha.