• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Those invasion weapons

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found a couple chests of those weapons that dropped in those town invasions a couple years ago - the ones with high damage increase, mana and life leech but odd combos - did anybody find any use for those things or just unravel them?
event weapons.jpg

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
let me know if you find a use.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix "Those were available for a limited time only, you had to be there then, you can't get them any more, sux to be you now"

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most are pretty useless unfortunatly. Kind of like any other weapon found on critters in UO.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can’t reforge, can imbue but only if property weights allow. Only practical use I know of is if u got some w/ very low eaters (eater weights r imbue point sponges) u could imbue a complimentary property. The given high property weights could offset a specific jewl weight (ie. damage increase) but effectively locks the character & suit into using only that kind of weapon which would have extremely limited gameplay.

I liked the idea of them when 1st seen but practical use badly missed the mark. They’re largest practical use is being a curiosity or unravel mats.

If they were given some hidden extra damage mod like an older invasion weapon once was, then I could see a slim possible use but as is they’re a waste. I have seen no such hidden damage mod in limited testing. I could b wrong tho.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Mesanna Oh it was hinted that we would be able to turn them in later, but that was a long time back and I now assume forgotten I unravel several but still have more hid alway waiting for the day they remember they said it.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some of the archery / throwing weapons with high mana leech and the bane property had got quite good usage 'here' ...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgotten just like the Whips from Christmas time.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some of the archery / throwing weapons with high mana leech and the bane property had got quite good usage 'here' ...
Where?

I have a few of the bane ones as well as the regular weapon ones. I have started the path to imbuing and boy they look more and more like I will unravel them, just because I wants gaaaiiinnnss. :D

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forgotten just like the Whips from Christmas time.
You do see the turn in guy at Buc's Den is holding one? I am thinking the recipes are gonna be given out there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where?

I have a few of the bane ones as well as the regular weapon ones. I have started the path to imbuing and boy they look more and more like I will unravel them, just because I wants gaaaiiinnnss. :D
They have non exceptional imbue points but you can imbue a slayer and some other stuff onto them.

Work great on things with high hit points.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do see the turn in guy at Buc's Den is holding one? I am thinking the recipes are gonna be given out there.
Nope have not seen the turn in guy. I have 0% interest in doing the sea content.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope have not seen the turn in guy. I have 0% interest in doing the sea content.
Ah, well maybe the recipe will be the thing that nabs ya if it shows up on there :) You could just sail around on a small boat and pluck off the monsters around the beacons, no need to do the beacons themselves. You could like watch a movie and pluck away with an archer. :)