• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Those in the Know vs what happened?

L

love2winalot

Hail: Running around off the beaten path earlier, i stoped at various player venders. If was easy to see the ones that know all about the event, and current turn in items, and pub 53 turn in items, and the ones who have no idea. The differences in price is sometimes staggering.

Treasure maps from 100 gold all the way up to 10,000 for the same level map
Holiday stuff from 50 gold to up over 50,000
power scrolls from 250 gold to 25,000 for a +5

I kind of think EA/Mythic needs to post on the main log in screen the importance of reading test center and patch notes, and up coming information or patches. :heart:

L

Loquacious Wrath

I bought as many reasonably priced powerscrolls and stealables and Minor Atries I could find. If the cost/point is 50 gold or less, it is a good deal. I see tickets selling for at most, 120 gold per point.

I think the reason you see rewards that are 10,000 points or less selling for 500k in gold is becuase most people can obtain up to 10,000 points whereas many players will not manage to obtain 100,000 points or more. So rewards, obtainable with less than 10,000 points will be more abundant in the market and not fall into the same price structure as 100,000 point rewards.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kind of think EA/Mythic needs to post on the main log in screen the importance of reading test center and patch notes, and up coming information or patches. :heart:
I've been saying the same thing for years. Unless you read stratics or spend all your time in game sitting at the bank listening to people talk, you have no idea what is going on with UO.

The system is not very friendly to the casual gamer and only benefits die-hards or people with no lives, who really don't need any more additional benefits over the part time gamer.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hail: Running around off the beaten path earlier, i stoped at various player venders. If was easy to see the ones that know all about the event, and current turn in items, and pub 53 turn in items, and the ones who have no idea. The differences in price is sometimes staggering.

Treasure maps from 100 gold all the way up to 10,000 for the same level map
Holiday stuff from 50 gold to up over 50,000
power scrolls from 250 gold to 25,000 for a +5

I was hoping for more than 50 points for the holiday stuff like maybe 500 LOL
for deeds , and gift boxes 50 points is good for stuffys ect not so good =(

F

Fayled Dhreams

Wasn't all that odd ... to see similar "price disparities" ... BEFORE any non-event related turnin's existed

Being "in the know" ... doesn't depend on reading stratics ...
"Playing dumb" and asking a simple question ... usually bears right on track ...
As good or better than "reading it on stratics" .. (What ...you think everything >here in the hall< is 100% accurate?)

I'd give that one an "eye-roll" ... if not for the danger of permanent disability.

1 point per 1 gp ... especially for all that junk that most here considered crap on day one
1 point per 1 gp ... is better than the NPC's will pay ...(for most of it)

Players ... on the other hand ...
so much wiser and greedier ...

Players say the AI needs inprovement ...
0.1 for the ghoulies ... likely they'll over-run the majority.

Just saying

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I kind of think EA/Mythic needs to post on the main log in screen the importance of reading test center and patch notes, and up coming information or patches.
It is on the patch screen. I don't see how you need to be a die hard player to click something you have to go past on your way in to the game.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Wasn't all that odd ... to see similar "price disparities" ... BEFORE any non-event related turnin's existed

Being "in the know" ... doesn't depend on reading stratics ...
"Playing dumb" and asking a simple question ... usually bears right on track ...
As good or better than "reading it on stratics" .. (What ...you think everything >here in the hall< is 100% accurate?)

I'd give that one an "eye-roll" ... if not for the danger of permanent disability.

1 point per 1 gp ... especially for all that junk that most here considered crap on day one
1 point per 1 gp ... is better than the NPC's will pay ...(for most of it)

Players ... on the other hand ...
so much wiser and greedier ...

Players say the AI needs inprovement ...
0.1 for the ghoulies ... likely they'll over-run the majority.

Just saying
Being in the know isnt that hard.
Its part of the game to me.
Come on do we really need to dumb the game down more to the point EA sends out emails and pre-emptive tells you what to read and what to collect?

Lets see
www.uo.com
wow that took 3 seconds to type and load.

Publish 53 is coming, it will have phase 2

How long was that out?
Weeks.

You couldnt figure out to pick up arties of all kinds.

Not directed to any poster here. Just a statement.

T

Trebr Drab

I've always thought that it'd be good to have info being presented in game. Town cryers, posting boards, even walking street NPCs saying things. Once players got used to it, they'd be checking what the NPCs said all the time.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're views on whether being "in the know" is easy or not are all biased.

Just looking at the names of the people who have posted (myself included) Yep all a bunch of Stratics regulars who if the old forums wouldn't have crashed would be showing 1000's of post counts.

Seriously, try not reading Stratics for the next 3 months and only loggin in and playing the game. You'll see how much you suddenly don't know.

L

Lord Drakelord

The day they posted the turn ins for phase two, there was a mad stampee to my vendors, they brought everything, some stuff had been on the vendors for like over a yr.

I was a little shocked till I read what was on listed at UO.com. Today I have no PS vendor, that one now sells translocation powder. And I am out of SOSs, and all the maps that were on a vendor were sold, but I am holding on to any other maps till I see a change in the winds.

T

timbeOFbaja

Man, I've always relied on being in the know to make a living in the game. I don't loot my kills, I make all my gold through barter.

When they updated vendors and applied minimum pricing to everything without a price......I was there.

When they collapsed all the old houses, the first time......I was there.

For Pub 52, I was buying cursed arties and rubble for 5,000 gp or less.

A

Azureal

You're views on whether being "in the know" is easy or not are all biased.

Just looking at the names of the people who have posted (myself included) Yep all a bunch of Stratics regulars who if the old forums wouldn't have crashed would be showing 1000's of post counts.

Seriously, try not reading Stratics for the next 3 months and only loggin in and playing the game. You'll see how much you suddenly don't know.
UO has been around for more than 10 years, and Stratics is close on its heels. Anyone starting up UO would surely have heard from a friend, or someone that used to play. If folks playing UO dont know about Stratics, what do you want?

You talk as if theres some unfair advantage given to people who bother to go AND LOOK FOR INFORMATION, compared to the plebs who dont? Gimme a break.

Like a few others, soon as the initial in fo was released on round two rewards, I went out and bought everything off the list I could find. I now have several hundred varied hand-ins, ready to go.

I benefit because Im going to finally get a decent amount of points to spend (I wasnt here for the Ophid invasion, but I made it my job to find out about the rewards, see what Im getting at?).

And the vendor owners benefit cause all that crap theyve been trying to sell for months has finally been lifted off their vendors.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should someone have to come find an unofficial website just to get the info about the game they play?

I know this is going to come as a huge surprise to you, but alot of games let their players know whats up IN THE ACTUAL GAME.

Whatever though, I expected these types of responses from the people on here. People who can't fathom NOT reading Stratics every day. Some people have limited time and I'm sure they'd rather spend that time playing the game instead of digging through websites reading about it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, LONG before the TC changes were announced, some people were speculating on turn-in items and BUYING every one they thought might be involved - even advertising in-game and on shard forums that they wanted them.

Seeing the interest, some probably even figured it out, and raised their vendor prices before the official changes, to see if they could capitalize on it.

Some people may have guessed wrong on some items, but odds are they'll still make back from the correct guesses more than they lost on the bad guess.