• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Those Chivalry Changes

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I've been absent a year or two and came back, read some of the patch notes I've missed and noticed the chivalry change. Now my current PvMer is as follows

skills:
Anatomy 100
Healing 90
bushido 120
parry 120
swords 120
chivalry 70
tactics 100

Would this build still work effectively? Or should I drop Anat and tactics to 90 for 90 chiv? Is 100 chiv worth it?

Thank you for any feedback!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do fine with a not-dissimilar "pure samurai" character.

You list healing twice, though.

-Galen's player

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your probably ok. If you are going to go high on chiv it makes more sense to max it out to 120. That being said I haven't noticed much of a difference around there and around the 80's for chiv its the same as it used to be.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Optimum is 84 Chiv. Just adjust one Jewel in your suit to add +14 Chiv and your perfect. But if you don't want to do that, you'll still be fine... especially if you use slayer weapons that deal optimum elemental damage. Then you avoid any issue with EOO and CW.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
84 is the mathematical max but I have not been able to notice a difference at 82. To be completely honest you can really still get away with it in the 70's but that’s not really an ideal solution as you can notice that difference if you keep an eye on it.

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
84 is the mathematical max but I have not been able to notice a difference at 82. To be completely honest you can really still get away with it in the 70's but that’s not really an ideal solution as you can notice that difference if you keep an eye on it.
My macer has 74, although EOO can take a bit it doesn't effect him much... (this account is my youngest at a stones throw over two years old )

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consecrate Weapon gets you a damage bonus now, at high levels.

One character I have with 90 Chiv gets no damage bonus from it.

Another with 100 Chiv gets 5%.

Also, under a certain level you only get a chance to target the target's lowest resist, at higher levels it's a certainty of doing so. No idea what that level is after which it'll always work properly but others in this thread referred to 84 as the optimum level so I'm guessing that's what they mean?

-Galen's player

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Consecrate Weapon gets you a damage bonus now, at high levels.

One character I have with 90 Chiv gets no damage bonus from it.

Another with 100 Chiv gets 5%.

Also, under a certain level you only get a chance to target the target's lowest resist, at higher levels it's a certainty of doing so. No idea what that level is after which it'll always work properly but others in this thread referred to 84 as the optimum level so I'm guessing that's what they mean?

-Galen's player
That is exactly what we mean. That being said I don't see much bonus in going over this unless you are going to max it.