• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

this table is toooooooo long

• Thread starter imported_blesh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_blesh

Ok so. i was messing around with goza's and broke a table and was able to move the pieces. muahahaha. now i have a table thats longer than a large buutt can not be deeded or moved. can be axed and locked down, but not picked up.

my question, should i page a gm to confirm this is legal? i know this isnt the items intent for use, but it doesnt harm anything either. comments? feedback?

ty

G

Since that bug with multi-tile add-ons is 2 years old and counting, I'd say enjoy your new dachshund style loooooooong table.

Most of the time when that happens the add-on itself is destroyed. Sometimes you can manipulate the leftover pieces, sometimes you can't (in the past you could get your full deed back from the moving crate if you went in customize mode, and still play with the pieces if you locked them down first muahahahahahaha...*coughs* OK...as far as I know, that isn't possible now).

-Skylark

I

imported_blesh

Ohhhh kewl! ty skylark!!! I came across is by accident when trying to figure a way to put goza's on my steps. its pretty neato. too bad you dont get ur deed back tho.
thanks for the confirmation it was ok to do. I get kinda paranoid about that kinda stuff, specially since my house is public. at least now i know if someone ass happens in there and gets page happy, the GM will LOL at them and go away.

you guys are soooo helpfull. I <3 this forum
:D

B

Bordoms

I've actually asked a GM about this (have been haxxoring tables for a while now), and was told that there was nothing in the ToS that would specify it as illegal as long as it is for "design" alone - ie, don't break the tables to pen a pet in to work skill or anything and you're fine. If I could figure out this whole photo thing, I'd submitt some pictures of what I've done with the tables...maybe I'll do that this morning.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the "old" days you used to be able to hack the tables to what you wanted them to be design wise. I saw a really nifty chess set designed with tables before.

G

Yeah I loved it when people would do the alternating chess type table set up, or do crosses and other cute designs for large guild member type tables. So creative and cute!

I

imported_Lucretia

<blockquote><hr>

i was messing around with goza's and broke a table and was able to move the pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Someone explain please?

G

Raised square goza mats can be used to place add-ons above "floor" level. If the add-on is multi-tile, you need a goza for each tile to "support" the complete graphic of the add-on (for example - arcane circles need a 3X3 goza platform to support them fully). All the gozas must be at the same height when you place the add-on. Once you have done that, you can remove the gozas...however when you remove that "support" and for example, drop another item on top of your raised add-on, that can cause the add-on to sink in one place, and it is "broken" - you can also do this by using the deco tool on any one piece of the add-on. If you chopped it with an axe in this "broken" state, only the tile where you chopped would be deleted and your add-on would be destroyed, and no longer re-deedable. You would have to chop each remaining section to remove it completely from your house. If you use the deco tool to bring every piece of the add-on back to the same level, it is no longer "broken" and you can axe, and get it back in deed form.

By going on what people discovered by accident, a lot of the fun deco techniques we play around with now involve intentionally breaking the add-on to get just a certain piece where we want it.

-Skylark

G

Great table blesh!

Bordoms, you can find some help in posting screenshots here and from Skylark SP here.

B

Bordoms

Thanks for the links. I'm trying, but pictures still seem so huge compared to others. I'll keep working on it.
Thanks!

B

Bordoms

Thanks for the links. I'm trying, but pictures still seem so huge compared to others. I'll keep working on it.
Thanks!

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just cause someone said tables ... ;-)

here is one i built for my guildhall ... each member picks a seat (or brings one) and marks it with a rune to their house.

the globe wasn't originally there ... but the previous owner, customized at some point and i lost the full original table
, to blindly tried to remember what i did the first time, and ended up filling gaps with the globe ;-)

I

imported_xStrikerx

wouldnt 2 medium tables fit in that spot? or you could use gozas to split tables to fit whatever space you want, you'll just have to destroy it in the process.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

wouldnt 2 medium tables fit in that spot? or you could use gozas to split tables to fit whatever space you want, you'll just have to destroy it in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

all quite true ... i had a more seamless look originally ... and when i couldn't get that, i tossed down the globe and truly have just been too lazy to do anything about it hehe