• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is why i doubt if i will buy the next version of UO

Exgirlfriend

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Word of death armor ignore stealther's.
Pub 16 faction runic fencers with long spears.
Stealth/Archer tamers.
Nerve/Death/Nerve template that constantly spammed evasion.
Nervestrking, bukuto mages.
5/6 mages with no sdi cap.
Dread mare/ greater drag para gank.
Explosion Ice Staff instant kill.
Axes with double strike insta kill.
Never ending special moves
EP w/faction bandaids.
Nerfed mages to sell the last upgrade.

THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF MADE FROM DUPPED VALORITE HAMMER WEAPONS IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW!

Really EA before you put out more stuff you should make an effert to balance the game. Time after time history teaches us whatever you put in the next upgrade is totaly overpowered. This is stupid, it causes people to leave the game and the ones that dont suffer for not using the latest templetes REGUARDLESS IF WE BUY IT OR NOT.

Is it any wonder the game has less and less playes everytime you add content. Your plan to force people to buy the next expansion dosent work EA

This is just a few of the overpowered templetes EA take's at least 6 months to nerf, feel free to post any if i missed them.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ahhhh...

Ever the ray o' sunshine on a Sunday morn. :)

B

Bara

:hahaha:

Ex, why don't you just go troll up Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Exgirlfriend

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhhh...

Ever the ray o' sunshine on a Sunday morn. :)
Maybe i should apply at stratics so i can feel extra special myself, LOL Maybe you should post about the countless mods who got fired and tell the masses exactly why.

Reguardless what you think, i am telling the truth. EA needs to balance the game instead of just adding more stuff.

D

Duke X. Winter

Maybe you should remember that regardless of all the "mistakes" the devs have ever made, UO is still here. Don't like it? Don't play. Stuff like this isn't constructive, and it doesn't help to change anything, thus the responses you've got.

C

Connor_Graham

This is why i doubt if i will buy the next version of UO
Do you honestly believe anyone really cares whether you buy the expansion or not?

I know I sure as hell don't give a flying **** what you plan on doing. I seriously doubt anyone else does either.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Complain, complain, complain.

Do you ever have anything good or constructive to say? Why are you still playing?

Honestly, most people have tuned you out.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you should post about the countless mods who got fired and tell the masses exactly why.
Fired? You can't get "fired" when you aren't being paid. Stratics Mods are purely voluntary. I know. I was one, but when they merged alot of the forums, I got left out (Tailor was merged into Craftsman and Paladin was merged into Warrior). As far as I was concerned, they had way too many forums and way too many mods. The merge and mod reduction was the right move.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Please tell me, in all honesty, why do you even play Ultima Online?
This isn't a flame or a troll.
You are obviously miserable with the entire game. You've never, ever, had anything positive to say. You hate just about every aspect of it. Why, then, do you continue to give them your money month after month? If you are so very unhappy why even log on?

It's not because you feel there will be any significant changes to the way you want them, you have already made that clear.
So, what is it Ex? What keeps you playing and paying? What keeps you here? Do you just thrive on having things to complain about? Do you feed off of being miserable?

G

gjohnson5

Do you honestly believe anyone really cares whether you buy the expansion or not?

I know I sure as hell don't give a flying **** what you plan on doing. I seriously doubt anyone else does either.
On that minor point , I agree that Person A shouldn't worry about what Person B does

However EA should most definitely look at the quality of their products and takes customer service into consideration. Ther are definitely some qualitative issues EA should change in thier UO product. At this point it's EA is who needs to adapt , not the players.

I don't agree with alot of his issues he stated . However there are some issues especially the duping that need addressing

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, don't buy it. More copies for everyone else.

Why don't you quit the game while you're at it since all you ever do is complain. Although do take into account that most if not all those items you listed here were either short lived or never a problem to begin with.

Oh, you forgot to add your seal of approval for your post. No worries, I will add it for you :D
Here it is:
:bdh:

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if this many things make u unhappy, well can u post that which keeps u logging in??

rest deal with game features LOL! and adapt!!!

Word of death armor ignore stealther's.
Pub 16 faction runic fencers with long spears.
Stealth/Archer tamers.
Nerve/Death/Nerve template that constantly spammed evasion.
Nervestrking, bukuto mages.
5/6 mages with no sdi cap.
Dread mare/ greater drag para gank.
Explosion Ice Staff instant kill.
Axes with double strike insta kill.
Never ending special moves
EP w/faction bandaids.
Nerfed mages to sell the last upgrade.

THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF MADE FROM DUPPED VALORITE HAMMER WEAPONS IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW!

Really EA before you put out more stuff you should make an effert to balance the game. Time after time history teaches us whatever you put in the next upgrade is totaly overpowered. This is stupid, it causes people to leave the game and the ones that dont suffer for not using the latest templetes REGUARDLESS IF WE BUY IT OR NOT.

Is it any wonder the game has less and less playes everytime you add content. Your plan to force people to buy the next expansion dosent work EA

This is just a few of the overpowered templetes EA take's at least 6 months to nerf, feel free to post any if i missed them.

B

Bara

:DThis is why I will buy the next version of Ultima
Trinsic
Britain
Skara Brae
Minoc
Vesper
Lord Brit
(history, real history)
Shelly
(history in the making)
Ice dungeon
Despise
shame
Dragons
meleeing greater dragons
paragons
magery
chilvary
swordsmanship
fencing
my house
my friends house
my other friends house
the fact that they are all together
our city
The dungeon close to our city
defending trinsic
honor
spirituality
honesty
the rest of the virtues
poisoning
the fun of 2/6 mages
the fun of 1/3 mages
the fun of mages in general
necromancy
the challenge of my "extreme minor"
Word of Death
Nature's fury
the rest of spellweaving
freedom
alchemy!
taloring
blacksmithing
did I mention extreme mining?
my next bizzare character concept
mysticisim :D
Throwing!!
The fact that I can mix and max them, as I choose!
Richard garriot
Vision

I could keep going. For hours.

You see what I did thar? I listed several of the countless positive aspects of the game.

Amazing.

D

Duke X. Winter

:DThis is why I will buy the next version of Ultima
Trinsic
Britain
Skara Brae
Minoc
Vesper
Lord Brit
Shelly
Ice dungeon
Despise
shame
Dragons
meleeing greater dragons
paragons
magery
chilvary
swordsmanship
fencing
my house
my friends house
my other friends house
the fact that they are all together
our city
The dungeon close to our city
defending trinsic
honor
spirituality
honesty
the rest of the virtues
poisoning
the fun of 2/6 mages
the fun of 1/3 mages
the fun of mages in general
necromancy
the challenge of my "extreme minor"
Word of Death
Nature's fury
the rest of spellweaving
freedom
alchemy!
taloring
blacksmithing
did I mention extreme mining?
my next bizzare character concept
Throwing!!
The fact that I can mix and max them, as I choose!
Richard garriot
Vision

I could keep going. For hours.

You see what I did thar? I listed several of the countless positive aspects of the game.

Amazing.
You know what Bara, if you don't like the game either, you can leave too!

Oh, wait, no, hold on, you're FOR the game. Okay! I get it. Sorry. Just get so used to people complaining, I went with my gut reaction. :lick:

G

gjohnson5

The mysticism and imbuing I need to read up on.
I have to agree however due to the high levels of content added to the game is a good thing. It makes players adjust and maybe in some cases make too much of an adjustment

The mysticism and imbuing as well as the changes to glassblowing and masonry seem pretty kewl. Masonry based weapons sounds kewl.

When EA/Mythic comes out with gargoyles that will be interesting to as well as the ability to change armor into "gargoyle armor"

I like some of the proposals, but I do have to agree in part with the balancing issues. I think they should spend time balancing archery / melee. enhancing outdated skills while applying some restrictions to skills which seem overpowered. Making some enhancements to spellweaving seems somewhat necessary as it seem underpowered compared to magery / necromancy. Maybe not nerf animal taming but nerf greater dragons.

I dunno there are alot of opinions

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA will suck harder than KR.

And then it'll try to kiss you after.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To the Original Poster -

You're name is so well suited it is absolutely uncanny (ExGirlfriend).

There's a reason she's an ex. I chose not to listen to her sh*t anymore. Welcome to ignore.

God that feels better - anyone want to play UO for a while?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the Original Poster -

You're name is so well suited it is absolutely uncanny (ExGirlfriend).

There's a reason she's an ex. I chose not to listen to her sh*t anymore. Welcome to ignore.

God that feels better - anyone want to play UO for a while?
:lol: :hahaha:
lmao!

Lady_Emma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least give the upgrade a chance. Being negative before it is released is just pessimism. It might be great. Sure some things will not be to your liking but it is difficult to please everyone.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3D was crap. KR was crap. Why assume SA will be anything but crap?