• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] This is were the new arties are comming from....(EM replicas)

• Thread starter sapphirediablo11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

sapphirediablo11

In Publish 57, a number of new additions will be made to the champion spawns on all facets. While working the spawn, players will have a chance of receiving a random Scroll of Transcendence (SoT). When killing the champion, players who worked the spawn will have a chance of receiving a special reward. If none of the people who worked the spawn are present on the subserver when the boss dies, one of the top attackers will randomly be given the reward.

Scroll of Transcendence:

This cursed scroll will allow you to instantly train your character in the skill and by the number of points indicated on the scroll provided you have the room for it. All skills (including non-Powerscroll skills such as begging and remove trap) will be available. The skill on the SoT is randomly selected. The number of points per scroll will range from 0.1 to 0.5 in Trammel rulesets, and from 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca. There is no timer on using these scrolls.

As Meraktus isn’t a standard champion spawn (no altar), you will not get those scrolls from working that spawn.

In Felucca, players will have a chance of receiving either the 105 Powerscrolls or the Scrolls of Transcendence. The Virtue of Protection applies on Scrolls of Transcendence in Felucca only.

Special Rewards from the Champion:

When killing the champion, players who have worked a certain percentage of the spawn will have a chance of receiving one of three types of items:

1. A boss specific replica;
2. A boss specific decorative item;
3. A shared replica.

The replica’s are artifacts originally created by the former EMs and Seers. They have the same mods and stats as the originals but you cannot use Power of Fortification on them. They can be repaired, insured and blessed. Some of them will only be obtainable from a specific boss whereas others will drop on various champs.

Decorative items will include some animated tiles, statuettes, furniture, etc. themed around the boss they dropped from.

Siege Perilous

A poll on this topic has been posted here for Siege players.
This is were they are comming from for those who do not know

S

sapphirediablo11

*points to the sticky* :)
Lol.. i think i missed that somehow.. oh well atleast i am almost up to date just 9 mins off LOL, wow i feel stupid :|

this thread can be deleted now i guess :(

It is the though that counts right??? right?? hehe

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very interesting. What are your thoughts on the value of the original ones? I know they don't really qualify as originals now since all of them were duped. But lets just call them more rare than the replicas.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the originals will be POFable (equippables). I believe replica shrouds/boots/sashes have durability and are not PoFable. Values of PvP rare items like gladiators collar, market of which has been traditionally controlled by few "brokers", will come crashing down.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
best thing ever to happen to me! the only item i get screwed on is tattered mummy wrapping cause i own nothing else on that list, i'll get my wind spirit without having to spend 350m that i always wanted... dupers get screwed over, and i get a laugh out of people who spent cash for those duped items, especially the LT sash, i know a guy that paid $2000 for one a while back

K

Kratos Aurion

I'm indifferent. The entire list is composed of duped artifacts presumably aquired from the rares forum sticky list. Therefore EA chose a careful list of replicas. Not to completely trash the market but to target the highend dupers in a retaliation against duping. I do pitty the fool who paid out of pocket to aquire items of such circumstances but as they say a fool and his money are easily parted. Those of us who chose not to partake in buying highend duped items made the wisest decision and therefore the replicas have little impact against us. It is within EAs right to do as they please and if they feel a single duper can mass produce a rare and sell it for hundreds of mils, why can't they [EA] mass produce a legitiment replica artifact for the common player?

So all in all, we reach an equilibrium. Rares are still rares but replicas are created to counteract the duping of the rares to prevent future exploiting. If theres little to no business potential for a duper our market will find better days.

O

Orc

Very good idea,my wind spirit maybe worth 5m only now.LOL
Anyway i hope EA will keep take this kind actions on each patchs:thumbsup:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new Event Moderator program starting up, I don't have an issue with them retiring these old items. The duping has just been insane and there are probably people who have some of these still stashed. Hopefully they have fixed all the dupes and there won't be the same issue with all the nice new items that will be introduced.

At least I hope there are nice new items.

S

sapphirediablo11

Well if they delete all the duped ones and replace them with replicas (somewhat like with vine cords but better in a sense and worse) then the originals will gain massive value for none are duped anymore, and the duped ones will be easily seen since they all have the tag... but they probly will not do this :| sadly :(

Hrmmm :| i completely forgot what i was going to say here and it was almost worth being said :| i hate when that happens ...

hehe i see GM robe wasn't up there muhahaa it hasn't been duped yet :p kidding...

Yea my blue robe is safe still :D hehe still good spent gold :D

:|:spider:

L

Lord Mercer

Anyone who's played on a non-osi shard knows that GM/Counselor robes are *not* static to the body. They might not have a graphic once you take them off, but they are not stuck to your body like so many seem to think.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who's played on a non-osi shard knows that GM/Counselor robes are *not* static to the body. They might not have a graphic once you take them off, but they are not stuck to your body like so many seem to think.
:bowdown:

S

sapphirediablo11

kindof like old death shroud that are hooded :D