• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] This Is The 20,000th Thread In The Rares Forum. Wow!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This forum contains a truly insane amount of UO and rare item history, I saw this on the main forum page and was amazed:

Untitled.png

To commemorate this huge rares forum achievement, it would be great to hear any stories you guys may have about the rares forum. Why you like rares collecting or this forum, what your favorite rare item is, what your favorite rares community event was etc. Something along those lines.

We haven't had a "what's your favorite rare" type of thread in a while so this is the perfect time for one! :)

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
At least 1 thread for each rare that exists, maybe, still might be more rares than threads.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great idea, I love threads like that.

My favorite rare items are Sewn or Made by footwear. I have amassed a collection of around 65+ different individual pieces (and growing, always on the lookout for new pairs) in all my time here in Ultima Online and it certainly wasn't easy. I love the old tags of (blessed) and [Exceptional], or both. My top 5 (chose 5 for no particular reason, other than I'd be here all night trying to figure out what belongs here and in what order) favorite things in my collection, of which not all is footwear related, is as follows.

1. Old Footwear Collection
2. A Quest Advocate's Exhaustive Compendium Of Contrivances And Fabrications (Stack of books, unique, won by my old guildmaster, Wynn The Woeful, was a Stratics writing contest prize)
3. Double Blessed Sigil Lantern
4. Double Blessed Necklace
5. Double Blessed Earrings

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
And let me guess whoever posted the 20,000th post won a huge cash prize? And you are the winner? I was actually posting something at the same time so we should technically split it since I let you win...kinda....

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My most wanted item has always been the rescued dolphin. But believe it or not some of my favorites are the cheaper rares. I LOVE the recipe for serpentywn just because I played the crap out of uo ascension. I LOVE the despair spyglass that I can't believe is so cheap. And of course crystals...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like any rares that harken back to the original Ultima lore about the Virtues and Quest of the Avatar.

Congrats to all those who participated in making rares trading a truly viable community!