• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is terrible...

• Thread starter imported_Danny Dots
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Danny Dots

Who thinks we should change the name from EA Land to Lag City?

I have never seen lag this terrible in TSO in all my years.
The Sims are doing the Robot.. Who knew they had such good moves?
I was hoping the switch to the EC servers would fix the lag but it just made it worse. Is it because EA Land is settling in and it will get better in a few days or is it because the servers cant handle all these Sims in one city? or something else that I'm just not thinking about.

I know its not my computer or internet connection... I just got an Alienware and a new modem from my cable provider.

PS - I do have to say that I am impressed at the progress the Devs have been making in the past few weeks. Keep up the good work guys

G

Was aweful at the town hall meeting tonite! Hard for Parizad to answer questions 10 minutes after a dozen more questions scrolled up at once. EEEEKKK! LAG CITY!

I

imported_Danny Dots

awww poor Parizad.. well hopefully there is a reason and fix for this soon.

it was bad last night and its worse tonight. Whats going to happen tomorrow, lol?

N

NightFlyer

And they claimed to have fixed the lag monster? I think they have a new one.

G

Gaby

the only time I had terrible lag was once the house got 25-30 sims in it, but now...at 11 sims everything starts to freeze ,then go super fast! lol.it seems it's just getting worse and worse.* hoping they will fix it soon*

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Who thinks we should change the name from EA Land to Lag City?

I have never seen lag this terrible in TSO in all my years.
The Sims are doing the Robot.. Who knew they had such good moves?
I was hoping the switch to the EC servers would fix the lag but it just made it worse. Is it because EA Land is settling in and it will get better in a few days or is it because the servers cant handle all these Sims in one city? or something else that I'm just not thinking about.

I know its not my computer or internet connection... I just got an Alienware and a new modem from my cable provider.

PS - I do have to say that I am impressed at the progress the Devs have been making in the past few weeks. Keep up the good work guys

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking... Lagville?

G

I get doorbell lag which is pretty much usual, but even in a house of 35 sims I've never had more than the occassional 'lag spike' that lasts anywhere betweeen 2-5 seconds at a time, then things are fine for a few hours, and it might happen again. I've not done the job tracks, so maybe the animation in those is causing some extra lag just on those lots? I should mention I am on DSL but you guy have heard me talk of my connectivity issues the last couple weeks, so I thought if anybody would get the lag monster first it would be me. I also haven't heard anyone else say anything in chat like "OMG what's up with the lag" except those that are just coming off job tracks, so that also makes me think the lag might be related specifically to those, especially the DJ/Dancer and Robot tracks because of how much more animated they are than the Restaurant track (robot line and the 'lights' in the DJ/Dancer track?)

Dunno if that's connected to anything, but it's just a hunch based on what I've been experiencing and have been hearing from fellow players.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They fixed the Lag Monster Baby. Now the Lag Monster Mom is looking after it :p lol

S

Serene

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They fixed the Lag Monster Baby. Now the Lag Monster Mom is looking after it :p lol

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]