• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is one of those "Is it just me, or..." posts

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Every day, multiple times, ORIGIN wants to do long updates etc. Why? Just now I turned on my computer and I hit X at least four times as it kept trying. That and the constant emails from long complex senders are enough to make me want to get out the old "WayBack Machine". Harrumph!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not think it is ORIGIN, if it was I think you would see more people on here asking about it. I have ORIGIN installed and it has NEVER wanted to do an update. Did the E-Mails start when the ORIGIN problem started? It might be time to scan and clean you computer.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks MeltedMantis (scary name) and Frodo, but....do I really need Origin to play UO.... When I needed the Origin store I got in somehow... I'm not buying any more games. I have several but I'm too addicted to UO to actually play them. None of them are EA or Origin games. Things like "Planescape: Torment" and "Civilization 5." I also do paintings and read several books a week in real life. I actually don't remember an Origin problem. I am quite old, lets say 39...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do not need ORIGIN to play UO but it is one of two ways to open the ORIGIN store to buy UO stuff

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would still run a scan on your computer because it does not sound right.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Origin client = steaming pile of poo pancakes.

Just delete it.