• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is it ... Goodbye Sonoma!

• Thread starter DeathRage
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DeathRage

A couple of weeks back I made a trip out to the YMCA to visit Dor. I went with the purpose of retiring my jersey and jingly jester's hat. After having a long "fare thee well" with a woman I've known for many years, I decided that Sonoma and the life I've known with the NUBs should dwindle away from me that day.

I have many fond memories of my adventures with friends and strangers who would happen upon our choatic journeys. Good memories that leave my sides in pains of laughter whenever I recall them.

For my friends and those who knew me, I apologize for my abrubt departure. I had originally intended for one last night of lunacy and deathrobe collecting. However, I just couldn't bring myself to cloud those happy times with tearful goodbyes.

Remember the joy, laughter and direction to the nearest healer and you will always remember the gentle soul lost in a confusing world of dismemberment ...

Huggles and wet kisses for all of Sonoma,
DeathRage
retired guildmaster/illustrator for the Newbie Underground Battallion.

<center>
</center>

T

Tadriendra

Goodbye Sir. I never had the chance to meet you in game, but your posting here on this forum had always brought a smile to my face. Today it not there, I can only hope you continue with your work and wish you the best of luck in all you do.

May a Guardian Angel forever watch over you and your love ones.

L

luthian dargoth

Try this again and see if the forum will let me post.

Thank You and Goodbye, DeathRage.
Thank you for your art, the Nub Hunts, for your added charisma you added to this community.
May your pencil always be where you left it last.

G

hey now, you can't leave... You haven't given me DeathRage bio...

untilll than you will be UO arrest till so... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Safe travels to you DR. I know we got off to a rocky start but I've come to value you as critic and I really enjoyed working with on the graphics team for Stratics too.

So Long DR. May the sun shine gently on your face and the wind blow softly at your back.

N

Nadia of_Sonoma

Thank you for the many fine memories of wandering Sosaria in the glorious color of black and white.

Thank you for constantly bringing your wisdom and sage advice while you moderated this forum.

Thank you for sharing all those wonderful original artwork with us all as well as making those incredible portraits for so many of us.

Thank you for bringing so much to Sonoma and the NUBs.

In short, thank you for being you and although you will be missed you will never be forgotten. Please stay in touch with some of us!

E

eXcalibur

well I never got out to hunt with you quite as often as I should have, but you will still be missed. Good luck in whatever the IRL brings your way.

C

Cymeraen

Ooooo you dirty dog! I suspected this would happen. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/mad.gif

You have been missed for some time, and we (NUB's and Sonoman's in general) will always cherish the many fine and often fatal adventures we had with you.

Thank you for making UO and Sonoma Shard a great experience for myself and so many others.

Good luck in all your undertakings.

N

Neutral_Galad

Okay Deathrage... you think you're leaving now... but sooner or later you'll head back to the YMCA asking for your clothes back! ^^

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ahhh...such a bittersweet occasion.

Laughter/tears/laughter/tears/laughter...*attempts to juggle them*

One small, burning question leaps to my mind, though...

What the HECK is yer Cow's name? Surely, she must have had a name? I feel sort of silly, patting her on the head when I walk by, and murmuring, "Good Cow. Faithful Cow."

She is udderly determined to guard yer remains into perpetuity. :)

D

DeathRage

I called her, "Cow"
But if you need a more formal name, I find that "Quarter Pounder with Cheese" or "Kewpie" fits her nicely. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

I did not know you personally, but over time I have read about your many exploits and endevours to keep the community happy and entertained.

May your wonderful skills of art and entertainment follow you wherever life may lead you.

P

Pluffina

Hey DR!

*blows kisses, waves a hanky*

Right now I am reminded of that immortal moment in True Romance, right before everything goes to crap, and patricia arquette just keeps thinking those three little words that sum up my feelings toward you:

You're so cool. You're so cool.You're so cool.

Safe Journies, although looking at your sig THAT seems pretty dern unlikely. hehe /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Love,
Pluffy

T

Towenaar

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif awww. noo. your not suppose to go. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

You didn't get to see the hypno treee er I mean the Age of Shadowssss. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Pretty Stars. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*pout*

drat. you did warn us. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Kirt best wishes to you on any of your endeavors. It was definitely great having you here not only in UO but especially here in Sonoma. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Can't say enough good things. Take care. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

B

brokensaber

I haven't been informed on why you are leaving. Can you or someone inform me why?

G

May you excel in all your future endeavors. Your posts and stories of your outings always brought a smile to my face ( and most of the time hysterical laughter). Your antics
and presence will truly be missed on these forums as well
as in Sonoma.

Safe Journeys

H

Hwarang

Figured I'd pipe in my piece as well [wink/]. I never did aventure with you either, but I think I passed you once in game, that's about it, lol. I've enjoyed reading your posts though, and have loved the artwork. Good luck with everything you do.

D

_Dax_

Well I'm another one that never did really get to know you very well, seeing as how I lurk more than I post, and I only ever made it to 1 NUB hunt, the last one. But I am sad to see you go, you definatly brightened up the place with your comics as well as your personality. Good luck to you.

C

Cymeraen

DR Filed his retirement papers prior to you being appointed to the UO Retirement Authorization Board.

Sorry for the mix up. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

G

DeathRage, I for one have never met you in game or attended a NUB hunt (which looked like fun by the way) BUT im sorry to hear that your leaving.

See ya.

C

Cymeraen

Sadly he has retired from UO.

Truth be told, he retired from UO round about October of 2002 as I recall. He did make a few cameo appearances after that, but they were extremely rare at best.

He should have been renamed LingeringDeathRage for the time it took him to finally give up the ghost /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

B

brokensaber

Well dang. Next week AOS kicks in and it will be more or less a new game.

C

Cymeraen

we tried everything short of paying him a salary to keep him playing.

His reasons for quiting are all valid, mixing personal growth with a dash of disillusionment. He is chasing (and catching I hope) muses now, and I wish him all the success in the world.

I

imported_Kahlan_Amnell

Ouch! I just came back to read you are gone.
I wish you the best for the future DR.
You've always been a big part of Sonoma life and it is sad to see you go.
Take care of you. I will miss your DR cartoons.