• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is a prize ticket ...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fine.
It will only work for YOU ... Hm.
But:
Who the heck is "YOU"?
While cleaning up the houses, several of these little things popped up, which are not in the trade in list. But now the annoyance comes:
Which are from which character?
From which of the five active or the xx inactive accounts?
From this or another shard?
From IDOCs or otherwise gotten from other players?

So my questions to the developers are:
Is it so hard, to show at least the character name in that little message? Since the ID of the character must be somewhere in the code of each ticket, this should not be too troublesome?
Could the "bound to this character" penalty for those deeds eventually lowered to something like "bound to the account" or the penalty removed after a ticket is maybe one, two, three years ingame?
Lets have some fun with these things. Logging in each and every character I ever had and click each single ticket and reading messages like "Shame on you!" until with some luck the right character has been found is not fun.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those tickets are so old and i am glad they dont do things that way anymore. I'm pretty sure when those tickets were made, only one character was allowed to have a certain name so it would be bound to that person but now with name change deeds and the allowance of reusing names, those old tickets may have some use other than decor but i doubt they will go through the trouble of updating something so old.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has never been a name significance in UO, any number of characters have always been able to have the exact same name. It was short sightedness in the development of some items, not realizing up to ten years later these items would still be floating around. It is good to see later development teams have taken this into consideration but does little for the past items still in existence.

L

Lord Drakelord

we have several of those OLDER tickets, no reason why we hung on to them, maybe in hopes of someday getting something for them.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has never been a name significance in UO, any number of characters have always been able to have the exact same name. It was short sightedness in the development of some items, not realizing up to ten years later these items would still be floating around. It is good to see later development teams have taken this into consideration but does little for the past items still in existence.
Either you are incorrect or i am getting old. When i first started my account, i went through a process of finding names that were not being used already. This was of course a long time ago and this is why i ended up with toons with really stupid names out of frustration. When i came back recently, i was shocked to see two people with the same name.