• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This happen to any other Ninjas?

G

When I change from Animal form back to human, my system will lock up
anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds.

I

imported_Willow30

If I am walking / running it will do that to me, but only out of animal form into human form. Any other time I have no problems.

G

Yes, changing into AF goes without a problem. But when changing back,
even if I'm standing still, my system locks for a short time. Sometimes
not so short.

I've monitored both my CPU and RAM usage during these changes, neither
goes above 60%. Usually quite a bit lower.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Whatever I do, changing back to human will lock up for approx. 1 to 3 seconds.

G

Didn't use to be like this. Started 3 or 4 patches ago I believe. Was killing
Bloods earlier with my Cu. Went to make the change, system froze for 12 to
15 seconds. My Cu finished off the 1 he was working on, and a second by the
time I could move again.

I

imported_Ozymandies

I get the slightest of pauses. Less than a second.

OZ

G

Are you playing in KR by any chance?

I noticed this the other day when I was playing in KR, except it wasn't when *I* switched, it was when anyone in the bank went from animal form to human (cant remember if it happened in reverse).

My game would "lag up" (for want of a better term) for several seconds. What I'd see would be the person who was changing, look like they were running on the spot for several seconds, nothing on the screen would move except the person who was "running on the spot", then my game would "unlag" and they'd be gone, and anyone else that had moved in the meantime had changed postitions too.

Was REALLY weird!

G

Everytime.

And its not just when my scout goes ninja form.

When anyone on my screen does it I see them lock up for a moment.

Same when someone in animal form dies or gets dismounted.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are you playing in KR by any chance?

I noticed this the other day when I was playing in KR, except it wasn't when *I* switched, it was when anyone in the bank went from animal form to human (cant remember if it happened in reverse).

My game would "lag up" (for want of a better term) for several seconds. What I'd see would be the person who was changing, look like they were running on the spot for several seconds, nothing on the screen would move except the person who was "running on the spot", then my game would "unlag" and they'd be gone, and anyone else that had moved in the meantime had changed postitions too.

Was REALLY weird!

[/ QUOTE ]

2D. I don't classify KR as "Playable" yet.

G

Just checked again while running the sigil. *winks* I saw a very brief pause while switching to human at a full run. I mean really brief.

G

What processor your system run. I just replaced my 2 gig Cel with a 2.8 P4,
and doubled RAM to 1 gig. No noticeable change.

G

AMD XP 2400+ 2 GHz 1 gig of Ram. NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. This system won't even run KR.

G

Problem has to be on EA's end then. Like I said, this didn't start happening
till a couple months ago. I made no changes to my system till this week.

G

Just tried KR to test this lag. Every time I changed back to human, my system
locked up for AT LEAST 10 seconds. And I noticed that even when my character
is standing still, the animation shows him continually walking in place.

KR is just too buggy to play. If I tried playing it, I would die quicker than I
usually do.

G

This cropped up when the ability to dismount people from animal form was put in.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

yeah, this game runs worse performance wise than it did 6 years ago. Kinda odd considering the computers compared to then, heh.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

it happens to me too and it started when the patch came in for the ninja changes.....it's caused me to die so many times OUCH