• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] This can't be right

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I have had a mystic mage necro weaver for ever and use him just for PVM, having played for a long time I have trained most kills the game has to offer... I was getting bored of wrath form/corpse skil /fs/fs/ WoD WoD so I decided to drop necro/SS and pick up inscription.

I have 115 magery 115 mystic. I am at 92 inscription and I am making spellbooks for gains.... I have made around 600 spellbooks and although I books with mods I have yet to make a single slayer spellbook!! is this normal??? I am not using a talisman as I want to get as many gains as I can (success rate is around 44% ATM) while I am not really making them for the slayer books I thought I would have made a few by now... have they changed it or do I need a talisman to bump up my chance of getting slayer books?

Thanks in advance...

DankNuggets

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Before I get into any specific details I have one question. Do you hit the *make all/ make max* button when using the scribe pen? I can't confirm this but it has seemed to me that when you do this method, your mods and therefor slayers go way down. Just a hunch

A good hunch... I have an old .. method of doing scribe.. and it seems to make slayers left and right. Try making them the old fashioned tedious way of double clicking until your mouse breaks..

I do want to point out that your spellbook mods are based on the skill level of your magery/necro/myst respectively. So if you are serious about making slayers you need to be 120 magery/necro/myst. Yes you can make them without being 120 but 120 is the highest chance for better books. (To avoid confusion, to make high quality myst books you want to be 120 myst. Necro books=120 necro. Magery books=120 magery.)

And on average I would say you get 1-2 super slayers per 0-100 skill raise. After being Gm'd I seem to spit many more of them out. Perhaps it's luck? I'm not sure, but the last time I burnt 60k scrolls up I had 2 sets of super slayers (most with mods) and about 50 dragon/spider books (only kept ones with mods). I made about 10 undead books, only 2 reponds and about 3-5 of each other slayer. Arachnid, Undead and Demon seem to be the easiest for me to make.

I also tend to go for higher exceptional bonus's talismens, an exceptional book will roll higher mods... in my experience.