• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This Beetle is a keeper?

Z

Zofinur

Would have asked in the Tamers-Profession-Forum, but there is none, right?

Thinking about to sell/release this pet.
It´s worth to spend time?

Z

zeroshade

I would release it, set it free...

Reasons:
Only the cold resist is max, the others arent close to the max
The best things on the bug are the dex, int and poisoning...

To me its not enough to keep as a life time pet.

when i look for a pet i look for as close to max everything as i can find. It usually takes days, but once it bonds i never have to get another one of that kind again

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always look at the Stratics Hunters Guide to get a general idea as to what to look for in taming. They have the Stats and Resists broken down into Min, Ave, and Max. Don't think they have info for Dread Warhorses or Greater Dragons, but if you look thru some older posts some of the good folks here have listed what they believe are the max stats on these two animals.

A

athlon

Unfortunately zeroshade is correct. Dump it.

If you are looking for an elite rune beetle, i do have a couple. I farmed them for a few weeks a couple years back and have 2 real good ones.

An elite Rune Beetle can tank 2 of the hardest creatures in the game.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those that responded (and anyone else), what are the minimum values for stats/skills you hold as important and if you don't mind why?

It would seem the Rune Beetle is the last to be add'd to my stable and I am currently recycling them to find the best one I can. My problem is I do not have the years of experience you all have at thrashing out ... what is best and why.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

For those that responded (and anyone else), what are the minimum values for stats/skills you hold as important and if you don't mind why?

It would seem the Rune Beetle is the last to be add'd to my stable and I am currently recycling them to find the best one I can. My problem is I do not have the years of experience you all have at thrashing out ... what is best and why.
Max stats:

460 str
170 dex
450 int

360 hp

Max Resists:

65/50/50/95/60

Max skills:

All 100 except poisoning which can go as high as 126 (140 before tame) and eval which can go as high as 112.5 (125 before tame).

Of that stuff it's worth knowing it melee's the same speed at 170 dex that it is at 150 dex. It's spell damage is the same at 112.5 eval as it is at 109 eval. Poisoning skill I don't think makes any difference as they seem to poison the same way that they (& cu's) bleed that being even when they miss the melee hit.

The first thing I look at is resists, if a pet isn't within 15 of the max total resists I don't bother looking at the rest of it. Sometimes I look for the max in their weakest, sometimes the max in their strongest but usually I rank phys/fire/energy as the most important then poison and cold the least important.

After that HP & Int/mana, I usually want both within 20 points of the max.

I'm unconvinced that str makes any difference to damage on pets, their damage range page on the lore menu never changes regardless of str, so Dex/stamina is next as long as it's over 150.

Then skills.

S

Sarphus

I wouldn't keep that one.

Every attribute that can be found on a beetle is important for something. You really want a top notch beetle. Since all the attributes are important, you can use the beetle's bard difficulty to help speed up your search. Generally speaking, I won't even look at the stats of a beetle if he's below 113 bard difficulty. If I'm feeling particularly picky, I won't look at one that's below 114.

So basically, bard difficulty is your first check and then you look at the resists of it. Resists are extremely important, so don't keep one that has bad resists even if it has good stats. Generally speaking, the stats will be at least decent if you don't take any that are < 113 bard difficulty.

S

Sarphus

Max stats:

Of that stuff it's worth knowing it melee's the same speed at 170 dex that it is at 150 dex.
This is true, but if you get one that's close to 170 dex, it will bless itself up to (or can be blessed up to) a .25s speed boost. A lot of people don't realize this, but it's one of those things that seperates a good rune beetle from a great rune beetle. Also, .25s swing delay seems like a small thing, but it makes a HUGE impact on overall DPS.

Edit, noticed you mentioned str.

Str makes a small impact on pet dmg with pets that have a moderate to low base dmg. The impact on pet dmg with pets that have high base dmg or pack instinct is noticable. Granted, these dmg bonuses are applied before the target's resists, so a lot of times your "bonus" is lost in rounding. The difference in dmg from a max str runie to a min str runie is only about 3 dmg per hit on avg. That's not very noticable...

You should notice a difference based on the str of your pet if you're using packs (pack bonus doubles the effect) or if you're using pets with high base damages such as the warhorses and greater dragons. For example, a min str frenzy pack does roughly 15 less dmg per hit than a max str pack. I like high str on my packs because the primary defense of a pack is their ability to kill the target before being killed.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

This is true, but if you get one that's close to 170 dex, it will bless itself up to (or can be blessed up to) a .25s speed boost. A lot of people don't realize this, but it's one of those things that seperates a good rune beetle from a great rune beetle. Also, .25s swing delay seems like a small thing, but it makes a HUGE impact on overall DPS.
I don't agree, if pets wrestle speed follows the same rules as players then they hit the swing cap at 150. 180 would be the tick that drops them from1.25s swing delay to 1.0 and I've seen nothing to suggest pets can swing at 1.0.

I could well be wrong but until I see something that says a pets swing speed & cap is worked out differently to players I'll assume it's the same.