• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Thinks upon the past, present and future*

G

I placed my first house on Siege on July 29th, 2003. I know that makes me a noob. *nods* I had to go check the date, sadly. I rarely visit that house. I leave Kelmo's Pub where it is for many reasons, most of them sentimental. That house has had over 15,000 visits, for what ever that is worth.

In those days, Iantown was a sparse few dirt plots, the Shire was a golden city, Corwin of WE was a dastardly villain,*winks at Corwin* and guilds like J-D terrorized the land. The orcs were still plentiful and UND still was well remembered. Then there was Rico, la.

AOS had just arrived on Siege, with all that entails. *smiles* I will not bore more than I must with the reasons for coming to Siege. I have detailed those throughout the years.

Siege was a different place then. Luna was just a town with high priced real estate. Umbra was empty and elves lived in the dessert. Go figure, fruity elves.

The names on the Siege forums were different then than now. Don't get me wrong. There are several that post now that posted then and even before. *sips ale and remembers* Some do not.

I remember how passionnant I was back then, trying to find a niche. Just like every new player I suppose. There were heroes and villains galore. I was even intimidated by the likes of Pixie and the Lady Pyrite. I just hoped I could make some sort of mark on this brave new (to me) land and be considered as something if not an equal.

Those were beautiful, painful days. All the personalities... I could go on for ever about those days, but rambling about the past is best left to old men... never mind. *chuckles*

Well, things change, as they will. Every new day brought new folk as well as folks leaving. Some made a mark, some did not. New rules and templates have come and gone. Attitudes from the "powers that be" have swung like a pendulum.

Players will seek advantages. It is just how the game is played I suppose. That is the place we are today. Is it so different than yesterday? Yes and no. The means are different but the goals are the same. I have seen many of the same things said today about guilds and groups over the years. Everything changes, yet remains the same.

What does the future hold? Not even the Dev's know. They do not even know where they live yet. *chuckles*

Is there a point to this post? *shrugs* Maybe not. Just know this old noob has seen plenty of shifts in the powers on this shard. Bear that in mind. Today's villains may be tomorrows heroes, or just disappear.

Play the game, die hard, and try to leave some mark on this world. Vanquish your enemies and protect your allies. Just know your opponents will do the same.

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand

I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what is wrong
Was I unwise to leave them open for so long

cause I have wandered through this world
And as each moment has unfurled
Ive been waiting to awaken from these dreams
People go just where they will
I never noticed them until I got this feeling
That its later than it seems

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what you see
I hear their cries
Just say if its too late for me

Doctor, my eyes
Cannot see the sky
Is this the prize for having learned how not to cry

Written by Jackson Browne.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

What is it about the end of the year that makes us old folk reflective? *hugs*

I

imported_archite666

end of the year...whats the key word there? End. The end of a year makes us reflect on just that, the end. When thinking about that we tend to want to reflect on what has transpired thoughout the time.

I

imported_Goron

ooof.
Good post.

Makes me think back on my early days of UO, long gone.
Oh well. No need to fret over the past, think of the present.
I love uo.
I'll love uo to the end, only we can bring the end. Stick around and it will stay, leave and it will go. Its your choices. I know I'll stay.

I

imported_Leaf

Kelmo, you sweet, sweet man. That was really touching and true. I actually got out my old Jackson Brown CD's and played them. This time of year always makes us look at our pasts and dream of what the future may bring. UO has seen many changes and I'm glad to be spending my days here now on Seige with all of you...

I

imported_Luka Melehan

<blockquote><hr>

I plan to stay, I enjoy hearing about how much I suck, its a self mutalation type thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

*chuckles* I -know- I suck and I am still staying. I have come to enjoy the fight, and helping my mates and watching you kids spit at each other on the boards. Its all somewhat, at least for the moment at this year end....endearing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I placed my first house on Siege on July 29th, 2003. I know that makes me a noob. *nods* I had to go check the date, sadly. I rarely visit that house. I leave Kelmo's Pub where it is for many reasons, most of them sentimental. That house has had over 15,000 visits, for what ever that is worth.

In those days, Iantown was a sparse few dirt plots, the Shire was a golden city, Corwin of WE was a dastardly villain,*winks at Corwin* and guilds like J-D terrorized the land. The orcs were still plentiful and UND still was well remembered. Then there was Rico, la.

AOS had just arrived on Siege, with all that entails. *smiles* I will not bore more than I must with the reasons for coming to Siege. I have detailed those throughout the years.

Siege was a different place then. Luna was just a town with high priced real estate. Umbra was empty and elves lived in the dessert. Go figure, fruity elves.

The names on the Siege forums were different then than now. Don't get me wrong. There are several that post now that posted then and even before. *sips ale and remembers* Some do not.

I remember how passionnant I was back then, trying to find a niche. Just like every new player I suppose. There were heroes and villains galore. I was even intimidated by the likes of Pixie and the Lady Pyrite. I just hoped I could make some sort of mark on this brave new (to me) land and be considered as something if not an equal.

Those were beautiful, painful days. All the personalities... I could go on for ever about those days, but rambling about the past is best left to old men... never mind. *chuckles*

Well, things change, as they will. Every new day brought new folk as well as folks leaving. Some made a mark, some did not. New rules and templates have come and gone. Attitudes from the "powers that be" have swung like a pendulum.

Players will seek advantages. It is just how the game is played I suppose. That is the place we are today. Is it so different than yesterday? Yes and no. The means are different but the goals are the same. I have seen many of the same things said today about guilds and groups over the years. Everything changes, yet remains the same.

What does the future hold? Not even the Dev's know. They do not even know where they live yet. *chuckles*

Is there a point to this post? *shrugs* Maybe not. Just know this old noob has seen plenty of shifts in the powers on this shard. Bear that in mind. Today's villains may be tomorrows heroes, or just disappear.

Play the game, die hard, and try to leave some mark on this world. Vanquish your enemies and protect your allies. Just know your opponents will do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have visited the tavern and seen Se'an has pulled up stakes. Who's next?

G

He is off over in Pax Lair. It is a situation that suits Se'an well. I wish him all the luck and enjoyment he deserves. He is a good man. *nods*

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

"Tracks in the shifting snow,
cloaked from winds,
anxious toward the next step."

We all want to know what will happen next inside UO.
Good luck everyone where ever you will tread.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

This game belongs to those playing it at the moment. I suggest we all live for the moment. In my line of work I find that a moment can be very fleeting indeed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*smiles* You understood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, and I had a bad day that has been made better simply by coming to the refuge of this place where we play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

why you no good son of a [censored]