• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Thinking of returning to UO and thinking about playing on Siege.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Siege players. My name is Dol'Gorath and I have played UO off and on on Atlantic since 2000. I basically quit for good in November 2019 but have been feeling that itch to play UO again. To be honest what caught my attention was the New Legacy Shard as the new non-production ruleset is intriguing to me. Since its not out however, and I was still wanting to play I was thinking of coming back to Siege. I want to play UO but I don't want to come back to a production shard as I am bored of that playstyle and want something a bit different. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. What is the community and population like now on Siege, is there a decent number of players left or is it dead like most shards other than Atlantic?

2. What is the housing situation like? Are there a good amount of open plots? I know a major problem last I checked as a ton of unused houses placed by Production Shard players just because they can but they are never used and taking up a lot of land.

3. How is the economy? I am assuming its still not inflated to super insane levels like Production Shards?

4. Are there active guilds for group content like Peerless, Champs and High End Content?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Troy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey mate,
I recently started playing on Siege (although I still play on ATL) but for similar reasons to yours. I have to say I'm loving it. It is very different to the production shards in many ways, it is impossible to describe. But long story short, you will go back to the basics, everything is an adventure, most skills are useful, looting monsters is a thing, etc. You will never run out of things to do, simply because your sampire kills almost anything with her god like gear or your tamer has a myriad of nearly indestructible pets. You will learn to appreciate the game in a very different way. In regards to your questions, yes, there is a great community on Siege. Obviously it's not as busy as ATL, but I believe those that play there, are committed to UO for life :)
You can certainly find open plots for your house, you will have no issues w/ that. The economy is not as inflated, you will actually appreciate looting gold during certain hunts. Lastly, there are active guilds on Siege, I'm sure you will find one that suits your needs.
I hope that helps and welcome to SIEGE!

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello !! Welcome back !! Before or later we come back always all to play with UO :D

About your question:
1) With high and low, there is always a good number of players on Siege. The comunity is good but you don't have to expect to see hundreds people in a place like on prodo shard because here we tend to be more careful and don't stay in a place for too long.
2) For the house situation there aren't big problems. There are plenty of spot for 18x18 in felucca or malas (i think also in termur there are still a few spots but i didn't check lately). For keep and castle is different but as new player of Siege it's something you will have to think later :D
3) The economy here is more "normal"... Some high end items they can be expensive but not with prices of Prodo. With a bit of work you can get the money to get what you want/need.
4) Active guilds: there are guilds active all depends by your playstyle. There are guild for PVM, Guild for PVM/PVP, Guild for mostly only PVP. As new player of Siege my hint is to join the discord channel of Siege (a few thread under this there is the post for discord) so it will be easier contact GM (Shalimar) or Emissaries of NEW Guild. It's a guild made with the purpose to help new/returning players in their first month on the shard. They can show you a bit how it works, they give you a bit of protection (most of Pks respect the NEW Tag) and in the meanwhile you can make new friends start to meet other people, so at the end of the period in NEW you can choice which guild join. In case you don't have discord, you can ask during the day in General Chat about Shalimar or Emissary for joining NEW.

I hope to see you soon around the shard ! :grouphug::grouphug:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies! This is useful info for sure. I was not aware there was a discord chat so that seems helpful! The smaller community and better economy are definitely good drivers for playing Siege. I'll
keep all this information in mind!