• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about starting over!

Dochtuir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone! The UO community seems to still be kicking!

Quick history on me. I started back in the day onLake Superior and moved to Lake Austin when it was opened. I used to play tons and quit just before Samurai Empire was released. I came back and played for a few months several years ago but the itch is always there.

Recently I’ve been playing Outlands for about 3 months, falling in love with UO all over again. But I’m getting the itch to jump back into the OG.

I guess what I’m looking for here is direction. Is there a community discord server? I’d like to join a friendly guild that doesn’t mind answering newb questions, maybe does some activities together like spawns etc. I don’t really care what the server is as long as the ping is playable. I’m in the Midwest US.
Thanks!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm gonna be joining you after I play some Elden Ring and Triangle Strategy. I had a thread a couple weeks ago along these same lines and was told there are shard discord servers. There's another topic a few down too of a guy making a guild on Atlantic. I'll probably hop on that when I do come back myself.

I have a fondness for an Alliance and the players on Chesapeake though too. Good group of players over there... but Atlantic is just where everyone has eventually accumulated and is more populace.

What do you think is lacking on the shard you're playing now that you'd get on a OG shard?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I play Origin, live in the midwest and Origin has a discord server

There are no noob questions! Ask away! And we do lots of stuff here.

Dochtuir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you both for the responses! Sorry for not responding sooner I really didn’t expect anyone to respond that quickly. Like I mentioned in my original post I’m mainly seeking people to play with I played on Atlantic last time I was around but never found a group so I ended up losing interest.

@Lore I’ll scroll down further to check your thread. As for Outlands. I like it, they have put in a ton of work on the game. The map is completely custom, they have some interesting character progression systems. You can tell they put a lot into it. It’s growing pretty fast actually. It went when I started to having about 1700 online to close to 3k on weekends. The problem is it can be pretty toxic. As much as I loved Fellucia when I was younger, reds are everywhere in Outlands. There is no trammel. After about 4pm cst good luck going to pvm farm anywhere bc you will get rolled by reds. And im not meaning like 1-2. Many times it’s 5+ rolling through. If they had anywhere you could actually farm as a new player safely outside of the newbie dungeon and progress your character with out being killed I likely wouldn’t be here.
More minor but the gear on osi is more interesting. Like there are no luck suits, or lrc, etc. There are the original magic items like power/vanq etc but that is it. Most people just run around in crafter exceptional armor. The bonuses you get in osi from gear are tied to what the call aspects and you level them up.

Anyhow I’m rambling.

@Larisa is the discord open to anyone? Might be worth popping in and maybe meeting some people.

thanks!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was thinking about the wrong forum man. A lot of posters are mostly on Uhall. You posted in the correct forum like a boss. So if you're looking for the posts I referenced, they are on UHall.