• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about returning to UO

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I had a long break of about 3 years or maybe even longer, can't remember.
What I notice is that there are not so many people posting here in the forum since I left 3 years ago.

Are there only so few people playing or are there other forums where the player hang around?

I just wonder ......

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOME shards are more active than others.. I moved from baja to atl to play with more people. After a break as long as yours.

Alot of new to keep ya going for a while. I paid for a six month card.. Give it a shot again.. Im having fun. I just moved my craafter... Remade the rest.. Which took me a bit of time while I learned what changed. Has been fun.. And my reason for my break (my son) now four is enjoying it also

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOME shards are more active than others.. I moved from baja to atl to play with more people. After a break as long as yours.

Alot of new to keep ya going for a while. I paid for a six month card.. Give it a shot again.. Im having fun. I just moved my craafter... Remade the rest.. Which took me a bit of time while I learned what changed. Has been fun.. And my reason for my break (my son) now four is enjoying it also
I normally play on Siege and Europa.
Siege is dead as always and Europa ...... I haven't seen many people online and the stratics Europa Shard forum ..... well ..... to me it seems the game is dead, hehehe.

But I give it a shot again, maybe I can find some RP adventures, just need to know where the people hang around.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Hi,
I am a returning player too, took a couple of years of since I played last... I returned a couple of months ago and formed the HLP for new and returning players guild in Europa, With the help of lots of vets and great people of Europa, Ive managed to form a rather big group of people (New & Returning) and have a nice community going on, feel free to scout anyone of us down, and ask for our assistance in anyway. If you play Europa, the best place to meet and greet with a few vets of the shard is in West Brit Bank, everyday from 6-7pm UK TIME. All your questions about changes that you dont find in UOGUIDE.com, can be asked there and anwsered. The number of people in the shard may of significantly reduced, but there is still a lot of life in Europa, a great close-knit community of the ones that are still here, might not be visible a plain eye, but theres lots of movement around. The PvP scene in Yew Fel, seems to be taking place if you are into it, and theres still of plenty of PvE to do, while my guild tends to do Champs everyday to keep players satisfied, with the help of other great people ingame.
Hope to see you around ingame and best of luck in your journeys.....

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Angelus !!!

Nice to hear you intend to come back. As mentioned above you can still can find dedicated ppl to help new and returning players. Britain Public Service is taking place every day from 6 to 7 PM UK but you also can use the general chat (or help chat) to ask and meet ppl.
Although the overall number of players is lower than a few years ago i m sure you ll find enough of them to have fun :)

Hope to see you soon again,

Lien Ragus / Raa guild

Gahzranka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey I'm also considering comming back, I played originally around 2000/2001 I'm from the UK so I'd prefer a server that has people around that zimezone ''GMT'' for those who don't know. :D If anyone knows which server would suit me i would appreciate it :D

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EUROPAAAAA! lots of UK people here. Look at Lien Ragus post above yours about the meet at Britain West Bank. Also we have A New Player House you can read about in the sticky thread on Europa forum , and we have a guild focusing on new and returning players! All here waiting for you.:danceb:

Gahzranka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Minerva, I was there about 30 mins ago - No one was there I just put it down to it being too early for people and people at work hehe :D - I'm on a trial account at the moment just searching around and seeing what everything is like since i assumed it would have changed since i played last, I have just been to the new player house in trinsic it was very very nice looking hehe :D hopefully I see you around soon, just got to put money on my debit card to get game time :D

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Minerva, I was there about 30 mins ago - No one was there I just put it down to it being too early for people and people at work hehe :D - I'm on a trial account at the moment just searching around and seeing what everything is like since i assumed it would have changed since i played last, I have just been to the new player house in trinsic it was very very nice looking hehe :D hopefully I see you around soon, just got to put money on my debit card to get game time :D
If you think you'll be back for at least 3 months, get game time from the store, rather than the monthly payment scheme;

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/browse/ultima?q=UO

You'll save a money; indeed the 6 month time is around 40% cheaper than 6x1 months

Gahzranka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you very much Adol, I think i'm going to go for one month first then if I plan on staying will continue with the 3 or 6 month plan

Gahzranka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Re-newed my sub today - Got help from a few people outside brit bank sorted me out with lrc gear etc.

Hopefully I see you guys around soon :D

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Do you have ICQ? If you do, Add me, and I can meet you ingame with a few people and get hands on approach helping you back into the game.
Il suggest you read alot what is posted in this forums, as its full of useful information but also have a look at uoguide.com, as it explains also a lot how to skill, shard changes, publishes...etc

Gahzranka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I do :) 657040161

I just need to find someone to ship my items from Baja to Europa.

If you know anyone thats interested could you give them my ICQ? :D