• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things you would like to see changed

G

I decided to make a list of the things I would like to see added and or changed in the game before EA Land opens:

*4 year anniversary object given out
*Money objects returned to use in all categories, pay out should vary depending on what category but they should work on all
*Dynamic payouts for working in a group returned
*Offline expansion pack objects added so we have something new to play with
*Things go "poof" bug fixed (all cities)
*Lot bug fixed (not sure what all cities this effects)
*Name change fixed (TC3)
*Clothing bug fixed (TC3)
*Weird lighting bug fixed (TC3)
*Roof mode bug fixed (TC3)
*Prices of the things they have missed, lowered to reflect the lower start up costs, ie: all types of food including turkeys, building costs, spot light recharging (might be more, these I've noticed so far)
*Residential lots changed so that sims are able to green on them
*I hear the jobs are buggy, not sure what that entails but that too needs fixed (TC3)
*The 5 year anniversary object is soon due too
*Add an "undo" to build mode
*Interactions on pets needs tweaking, praise gives nothing with cats, fix that and even mean cats could be friends with their owners. Oh and the dogs should not need a bath so often, dogs should not be bathed more than once a week in real life. If these simulated dogs were real, their hair would fall out!
*Change the way we need to green, we shouldn't need a shower every time we pee (maybe if we could pull our pants down it would help)
*Change the speed of skilling, it takes forever after you pass 12, speed it up and at the same time slow down the decay (decay sucks!!!)
*Add a new job, something for cooking skill perhaps
*Add more interactive ways to skill like we have with the war table
*Add more interactions, there are some great suggestions on the wiki

This is all I can think of at the moment. I know some of these things are on the wiki. I know some are probably on their list of things to do some year. I was just thinking of the things I would change right now, today, if I was amongst the powers that be. Things that would actually improve the game, and make it more fun, in my opinion at least.

What would you like to see done, now, today if you had the choice?

M

Monkeybear

My list....

The cream bear outfit added to the male select a sim screen
4th & 5th year gifts
Offline objects added
Terrain tool
custom clothing

N

NightFlyer

Great list! I'll add:

Web comments retrieving bug fixed
Black frame around home owner bug fixed
Coming soon buttons removed
Over work penalty removed
Add more floor and wallpaper choices
Bathroom fixtures fixed
100% clean with high quality shower

M

mariotso

yeah, that swank server restaurant bug causes crash upon landing.

to the dream list i'll add being able to make curved walls and the undo would be a godsend!

G

Nothing on your list is currently worth spending any dev time on. They are working on borrowed time as it is. I want a new working game, not a fixed old one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing on your list is currently worth spending any dev time on. They are working on borrowed time as it is. I want a new working game, not a fixed old one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I guess that is exactly where we differ. I wanted a fixed old one. I will miss The Sims Online.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i am the greatest optimist here, i think we can have both!

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Bears that do not have to strip their fur to sleep and swim.

~*~ Support the Right to Arm Bears ~*~

S

simfounder

just hitting reply...

Add a private comment field to the friends/bookmarks so we can make private notes about others

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Bears that do not have to strip their fur to sleep and swim.

~*~ Support the Right to Arm Bears ~*~

[/ QUOTE ]

Along that line, equal access for all non-human NPCs. When was the last time a bear or bughead entered the restaurant or nightclub where you worked? (Answer: NEVER!) Did a gorilla ever arrive from the maid service? Have you ever had a robot show up from the gardening service? (NO! and NEVER!
)

Mimes and clowns, even though they are (allegedly) human are also not represented in the NPC ranks.

"Not important," you (the general you) may be tempted to say. But, what does it say to non-human avatars when they are not represented by the NPC ranks? It sends a non-inclusive message, that's what.

Anyway, it would be more fun to have a [insert your favorite non-human avatar] gardener.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

I like your list, CNTRYGRL, and the suggestions from others. I would love to see those things done, but not sure they all need to be done BEFORE EA-land opens. I do hope your list is copied and kept somewhere by the devs! I know we are getting a 'new' game, but don't understand why the changes you've listed can't be part of the new game...

Before the first merge, I would love to see the name change bug fixed. I have a purely selfish and sentimental reason: my oldest avatar is set to move into TC3 where there is already an avatar with the same name. I want to keep the name for the oldest avatar, but, of course, if I can't change the name of the young avatar in TC3 then the name of my oldest avatar will be changed in some way when she enters TC3. And, I am guessing, the fact that I have an avatar with that name in TC3 will prevent me from claiming that name, at least until there is a cleanup.

Don't worry if you didn't follow that. I'm just saying name change for TC3 sims would be a great fix before merge, if it can be done.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

i think they should upgrade to Sims2 graphics

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do that, then I doubt I'll be able to play TSO at all because with the computer I have, I can't play Sims 2 due to my graphics card and processor. And I've been told that I might as well buy a whole new computer if I'm going to do that, which I can't afford. I can't even play SL for the same reason. I hope they will continue to make TSO so that EVERYONE can play it and not just those with good computers.

T

TKSpeedy1

I agree with everything on your list...except I disagree about the pets interactions. For some reason, I have better luck with cats than I do with dogs. I can wrestle my butt off with dogs, get them so they will give me social and it doesn't go up all the way...but get a cat to ask me for social, and BOOM! It brings my social up all the way. Another bug on my lot perhaps? We also need more toys for dogs.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think everything on the list is a good idea and should've been fixed way before this. Did you ever stop to think that if they fixed the "old" game like they should have in the first place, we wouldn't NEED a "new" game? And no, I'm not trying to rehash the whole debate again, but since you brought it up....

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I guess that is exactly where we differ. I wanted a fixed old one. I will miss The Sims Online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen CntryGrl! I'm with you 100% on this. I wanted a fixed old one too.

T

TKSpeedy1

I'd also like to see room score fixed...Some things like wall hangings don't bring up room score at my houses at all. And some other objects with high room score rating will only bring up room score when the item is in a certain spot in the room. Otherwise, forget it.

G

Just going to comment on your ideas, and add some of my own ideas about them in red. Maybe I agree maybe I dont. <blockquote><hr>

*4 year anniversary object given out <font color="red">Whether you like hearing it or not, Margaret is working on this.</font>
*Money objects returned to use in all categories, pay out should vary depending on what category but they should work on all <font color="red"> I agree. i think they should give out a little less than what they originally gave out before they were lowered IN MONEY HOUSES ONLY In other houses they should stay how they are now. </font>
*Dynamic payouts for working in a group returned<font color="red">Definately. In the pub the other day, Sarah said if we give her a reasonable number to raise the pizza's back up to, she will consider doing it. I think it should be S $25 M $75 L $150 </font>
*Offline expansion pack objects added so we have something new to play with <font color="red"> Being worked on, but I dont think it is that important that it is released before EA-Land </font>
*Things go "poof" bug fixed (all cities)<font color="red">mandatory </font>
*Lot bug fixed (not sure what all cities this effects)<font color="red">Mandatory </font>
*Name change fixed (TC3)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Clothing bug fixed (TC3)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Weird lighting bug fixed (TC3)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Roof mode bug fixed (TC3)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Prices of the things they have missed, lowered to reflect the lower start up costs, ie: all types of food including turkeys, building costs, spot light recharging (might be more, these I've noticed so far)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Residential lots changed so that sims are able to green on them<font color="red"> I have my own suggestion: I think they should make it so you can green, but you can't go red or collect simoleans or skills </font>
*I hear the jobs are buggy, not sure what that entails but that too needs fixed (TC3)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*The 5 year anniversary object is soon due too<font color="red"> See number 1</font>
*Add an "undo" to build mode <font color="red"> Agreed but not important to be released before EA land </font>
*Interactions on pets needs tweaking, praise gives nothing with cats, fix that and even mean cats could be friends with their owners. Oh and the dogs should not need a bath so often, dogs should not be bathed more than once a week in real life. If these simulated dogs were real, their hair would fall out!<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Change the way we need to green, we shouldn't need a shower every time we pee (maybe if we could pull our pants down it would help)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Change the speed of skilling, it takes forever after you pass 12, speed it up and at the same time slow down the decay (decay sucks!!!)<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Add a new job, something for cooking skill perhaps<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Add more interactive ways to skill like we have with the war table<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
*Add more interactions, there are some great suggestions on the wiki

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> Agreed but not important to be released before EA-land </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

F

festrmentmagnet

1) Group dynamic back on money objects.
2) Money objects usable on all lots, with payouts varying per category.
3) Mystic tree bug fixed, even though they say Mystic trees will be obsolete.
4) If they make it where store owners can't skill on their own lots, I want that changed back to where store owners *can* skill on their lots.

I'm not wanting a lot, really

G

your post is great except we have been told for a year now they are working on our 4 year gift.. also i would like to see the trees we are due in tc3 arrive (even if it means to our main character only) don't bother me some got as many as characters Just want what we have coming to us. oh yeah, before the merge would like to see rares in pulls again in tc. for a week now have not even pulled 1 affie nor 1 cheetah and spent 3 million doing pulls.

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, me too.

Mavric

K

krazykara

Me Three!

The route they are going now seems so much like a copy off the other two rivals. They aren't that great to begin with. Sad they want to go that route instead of fixing something that was better, imo, to begin with.

S

Suzi Q

Where have you read/heard that mystic tree's will become obselete?

G

It was a comment in the Pub by the team, in regards to custom content and game changes, eventually making Mystic Trees obsolete.

They have no plans to change the Mystic Tree or skilling in the immediate future.

S

Suzi Q

Hope it remains a comment and nothing more! Having just started teaching, the mystic tree is invaluable for aiding recovery. If it becomes obsolete it will just become another worthless object in our inventory's.

F

festrmentmagnet

Quoted in the post titled "Rumor Control"

"Mystic Trees will be disabled in EALand (and will no longer give skill points)

R or F: Rumor

Reason: Quoted from Community Pub by Parizad: "They will continue to work, but become obsolete"

And, It was explained later on somewhere that with the way the game is going the Mystic Tree may become obsolete because people will not be as concerned with skilling.

The tree will still give skill points for ripe fruit, and you will still be able to green fun and comfort from it.

G

According to an email I received back from Parizad they are not going to be. They will still give same things, just she said in direction game is going some may not skill like now but will still reap the rewards of the fruit.

S

Suzi Q

Phew thank goodness for that! Mind you, with ea I guess everything is subject to change! Thanks for your responses though.

D

dinaj

Sharp Sticks ... they should be approxiately 4 feet long , come with a retractable blade and have imported Italian leather handle's.

edited to add: they should not be tooooo sharp, will used for poking purposes only.

M

mariotso

i'd like to see the sky change sometimes along with different weather patterns...rain, wind, actual snow falling

some of these suggestions are great! i can think of many occassions for that sharp stick!

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

Please - no mimes.
I'm begging.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL funny.

Hmm my wish list:
-New 'pretty' sim heads so I can stop having to look at that SAME long haired sim girl 56 times in one house at any given time. Give them some other choices, apparently the other ones just wont get a sim boyfriend for them, lol.

-More interactions with pets

-I agree with bears not having to strip their fur off to swim or shower, lol

I dont know, I guess thats about it. I like things the way they are, really, lol.