• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things you do while playing Toontown Online

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's face it, some of the functions in TT can get quite repetitive. You've done the DA or Mint once and it seems like you'll never be done with it. Adding in another task can help break that repitition up! I want to hear what else you do while playing the game, I've done some crazy things. I have a notebook with Wifi, so some of these are little crazy. I'll start:

-Laundry (It's downstairs.)
-Cook food.
-Take the dog outside to do the business.
-Treadmill (Although it can get dizzy and I haven't done it in awhile.

And the most crazy, and probably TMI for much, thing I've done:

Completed a Cashbot Bullion mint entirely on the Toilet.
It was wing night the night before and lets just say I took up residence in the bathroom for much of the evening. Hey it worked!
I can usually do #1 in between gag selections in the DA. It saves time in between runs and might as well use that dead space wisely! rolleyes:

Let's hear it!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This brings back memories of AJ's "bathtub shelf" LOL

I have a laptop but really I've never played in a "weird place". I like my beast better so I'm usually planted on it when I'm playing.

G

Granjell

I usually have a book open on my desk, the television going, and my kids asking me to make microwave popcorn. Sometimes, I've switched the laundry from wash to dry between gag choices. And of course, answered the phone or a question from a family member.

F

Fangs McWolf

Some things that I have done while on TT, which some include stepping away from the computer...

Cooking food, eating, watching tv, talking on the phone, running to the bathroom, chatting on IM or in a chatroom, bugging hot chicks for pics, taking meds, fussing at ISP (this is more when access is gone for some strange reason), gained weight, plotted evil revenge on griefers, laughed evil like (the Devil Ray laugh sums it up).. The list goes on. :D

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I have 2 friends who routinely take showers while in a in a bldg, mint, or da. I try not to ask too many questions. There are some things you just dont want to know!! rolleyes:

F

Fangs McWolf

bugging hot chicks for pics,
How do you know they're hot if you don't have their picture?
After I've seen a pic, I bug them for more pics.

How do you know they're chicks?
Ignorance is bliss my friend, don't question it. :)

I have 2 friends who routinely take showers while in a in a bldg, mint, or da. I try not to ask too many questions. There are some things you just dont want to know!! rolleyes:
I want to know.. How do you take a shower while in the building? Even with a laptop, you're going to be drenched with water and you'd end up getting the keyboard wet. Being in a bath I could see, because you can put the laptop on a table that stays above the tub and play like that.. But a shower?

S

SuperMac

I answer the door. There's a neighbor kid who comes over almost every afternoon to see if my grandkids are there, and if he knocks on the door while I'm in a battle, I yell to him "I can't come to the door and they aren't here!"

I've also talked on the phone while playing, but they can always tell because my end of the conversation suddenly turns into "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh." I've gotten more sneaky and make sure the sound is turned down because, more than once, someone has asked "Are you playing Toontown?" LOL

S

susan4633

last night, put supper in oven, worked new toon daffy on laptop, watched tv and played moon on desktop.

then later...was playing daffy on my laptop to help lucy & ricky get their 2nd keys, doing a da with elga and wolfie, talking to sis in florida via yahoo msg, and watching tv. (sorry sally i'll send stuff tonight :(, clearly some things do slip my mind)

sometimes i'll read an ebook, watch tv and play daffy and moon in blds or whatever.

sunday night i'll do laundry,watch tv and play tt.

G

Granjell

Playing two toons at once on two different machines! Wow - and my family thinks I'm addicted playing a few hours a day! Of course, if I tried to tell them any of this.... They'd think we're ALL certifiable!

S

susan4633

Playing two toons at once on two different machines!

i am attempting to emulate my heroes: chantal and kristine. sometimes i do it VERY badly...i walk into walls an awful lot, but it is useful to play daffy on the lap when she needs 5stories and no fr can help. :)

L

Little Sadie

Playing two toons at once on two different machines!

i am attempting to emulate my heroes: chantal and kristine. sometimes i do it VERY badly...i walk into walls an awful lot, but it is useful to play daffy on the lap when she needs 5stories and no fr can help. :)
I've been doing this on two accts too for buildings. Since the computers are across the room from each other I run back and forth. If someone gets in my way look out! My son thinks I'm nuts. LOL!

G

Granjell

These mental pictures are just hilarious!!! Thanks for the kick-start to my morning!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

[/QUOTE]I want to know.. How do you take a shower while in the building? Even with a laptop, you're going to be drenched with water and you'd end up getting the keyboard wet. Being in a bath I could see, because you can put the laptop on a table that stays above the tub and play like that.. But a shower?[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that these are very quick showers and that the laptop and towel must be strategically placed. I have only had to say "let's wait for my friend" only one time!!! I can see it working for someone with short hair I suppose. I will issue a challenge here......try it and see if you can get it to work!!! I have long curly hair and it would NEVER work for me!! Imagine the possibilities that would open up to some of the TT addicts. For one, the whole shower while playing thing started cuz he was late for work and whatever we were doing was taking forever. It worked and is now a fairly common thing. LOL

S

Steveo

Thanks for the help last night susan. I could tell that you were multi tasking since you ran into a few walls. While we were trying to find 4 and 5 story buildings Cyndy and I were both playing Ricky and Lucy while one of us took care of our daughter and cooking dinner. So I have to say that Cyndy can multi task better than me.

S

soupandquackers

I mostly watch tv or I am listening to music. On rare occasions i will be on the phone.

S

Stubby

Lets see, I have walked dogs, fed them, washed dishes, cleaned my livling room, cooked dinner, microwaved popcorn, talked on the phone, listened to tv or music, made appointments, took some good pain meds (hehe), sorted thru the mail, breathe, and I am sure there are more.

S

Sheriff Tricky

I typically watch tv, check emails, or check many other websites. I definetely like to drink while playing.

L

Little Sadie

I typically watch tv, check emails, or check many other websites. I definetely like to drink while playing.

Wow Eric, I don't think I've ever played with you while you are drinking. At least I didn't know it! I guess I just always thought you acted that way! LOL!

L

Little Sadie

:heart:. All I have to say is try being a teacher, there are many days you feel like :stretcher: when you leave work. It also helps that I work at a winery.

No thanks Eric! It really takes someone special to want to be a teacher. I just don't have that kind of patience. You drink all you want! Here, I'll even start you off for tonight. Cheers Hun! :pint:

S

Sheriff Tricky

In all seriousness I do not drink that much, but I definetely know when I need a good stiff drink. I am always crazy, its a family trait actually. So technically I always have to act goofy.

K

Kippy

i am attempting to emulate my heroes: chantal and kristine.
You will get better at it! try working more then 2 toons, then working only 2 will seem easy :p

In all seriousness I do not drink that much, but I definetely know when I need a good stiff drink. I am always crazy, its a family trait actually. So technically I always have to act goofy.
Family trait? I think NOT! He doesn't drink that much for sure but when he does......... I would pay to be on teamspeak! He is hilarious!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me....... you don't want to know what I can do while playing TT! :D

L

Little Sadie

Family trait? I think NOT! He doesn't drink that much for sure but when he does......... I would pay to be on teamspeak! He is hilarious!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------:D

I need to get on Teamspeak more often then. LOL!

A

andy1796

I have 2 use two computers at once.. My desktop had some stupid error fetching patcher info.. so im on stratics with this.. and the laptop is on tooontown

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've alternated buildings and battles with:

- getting ready for work
- work (although sad_faerie would probably vouch that i ditch work a lot more than i alternate :blushing:)
- scenes from gossip girl and grey's anatomy
- chapters of a pocketbook
- eating and rummaging in the kitchen (yes, stupid thing to do. it's not as if some new cake or snack is going to show up magically.:wall:)