• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things to do in a skill house...

K

K-C

I am thinking about opening a skill house in EA Land...Any ideas on how to keep things lively and fun?

I know folks have done trivia before, is this still a big hit with visitors?

Anyone have any new ideas that they wouldn't mind letting me use?

Thank you

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Everyone loves Trivia!

I was thinking of picking up the game "are you smarter than a 5th grader" that one would be fun.

I'd say the MOST fun I had was playing "Mad Gabs"....I think that's what it was called.

G

The most fun I've had in a skill house involved setting the place on fire. Repeatedly. Granted, this wasn't exactly conducive toward good skilling, but it kept people on their toes, made for lively conversation, and was a lot of fun - particularly the whining from the AFK skillers...

I think I still have pics somewhere from when I used to do that...

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone loves Trivia!

I was thinking of picking up the game "are you smarter than a 5th grader" that one would be fun.

I'd say the MOST fun I had was playing "Mad Gabs"....I think that's what it was called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree -- trivia and other such games are great.

There was a skill house years ago where the roomie, The Jesus Wookie, used to play "dead or not dead." He would start out by announcing that a famous person had died (let's say, the Beaver from Leave it to Beaver.) I guess people could just Google it to find the truth, but people didn't, and the conversations that ensued were really funny and fun. (Maybe you had to be there, but it was fun, take my word for it.)

Anything that will keep the non-AFK folks engaged is great, and it will drive the AFK people crazy to see they have missed the fun.

G

I found any skill house with lively conversation to be fun. Not the chitchat from the regular visitors where you can only participate in if you know them, but actual conversations or discussions about various topics, game related or not.

And stand-up comedians, joke-battles or any other game everyone could participate in.