• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things that Spawn in Strange Places.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My best from the current was my last attempt at a trade run that put the spawn and burning junk inside the hedge maze. I took a screenshot of it but forgot to paste it to paint after rage logging for the night after not getting the order back again. Can't teleport while running one so had to find my way to it running the maze and the spawn was in 3 different rows of the maze and one was a drake that just had to fly further into the maze when it retreated. LOL sure would have been nice to hop the hedges with teleport. In the future I will remember not to run that close to the hedge maze :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've not had the motivation to do a screencap, but having the burning wagons floating in the seas between the jungle and Jhelom, when crossing with a rowboat, is kind of funky.

I also had one in the middle of the river west of the spirituality shrine, when I did a 1-liner on my tamer between Yew and Trinsic. I'm just glad none of the spawn ended up on the wrong side of the river.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not had the motivation to do a screencap, but having the burning wagons floating in the seas between the jungle and Jhelom, when crossing with a rowboat, is kind of funky.

I also had one in the middle of the river west of the spirituality shrine, when I did a 1-liner on my tamer between Yew and Trinsic. I'm just glad none of the spawn ended up on the wrong side of the river.
That has to be a gridingly slow trip on a row boat. I have just been using a small ship from the provisioner and have not had ambushers yet....... even on the coming and going from Moonglow and MAgincia maybe I am just lucky.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you guys take all these neat screenshots? Since several Win10 patches I've not been able to take a screenshot and when I Google it, it says without installing some foreign additional program and considering Ultima Online is not a Win10 recognized game, I can't do it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you guys take all these neat screenshots? Since several Win10 patches I've not been able to take a screenshot and when I Google it, it says without installing some foreign additional program and considering Ultima Online is not a Win10 recognized game, I can't do it.
Do a search on your comp and see if you have a program called "snipping tool". I keep it pinned to my task bar so it's easy to pull up when I want a quick screenshot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That has to be a gridingly slow trip on a row boat. I have just been using a small ship from the provisioner and have not had ambushers yet....... even on the coming and going from Moonglow and MAgincia maybe I am just lucky.
Actually, it's not. If you go down to the beach area south of the Delucia Passage entrance, it's only about 90 seconds to 2 minutes, going on a constant diagonal heading. I usually can cast an RC after I board, and unless something spawns, I don't have to recast it, as it runs out maybe 15 seconds from my destination. Plus, since you don't have to dry dock a rowboat to reuse it, leaving its deck cluttered isn't an issue. It's even more convenient for making Skara crossings, since the ferry doesn't work for trade orders.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I used to run a screencap program but gave it up for the old reliable "hit print screen"... past in Paint.. then crop and save..

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Irfan View - make a frame of what you'll show and than use scissors

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it's not. If you go down to the beach area south of the Delucia Passage entrance, it's only about 90 seconds to 2 minutes, going on a constant diagonal heading. I usually can cast an RC after I board, and unless something spawns, I don't have to recast it, as it runs out maybe 15 seconds from my destination. Plus, since you don't have to dry dock a rowboat to reuse it, leaving its deck cluttered isn't an issue. It's even more convenient for making Skara crossings, since the ferry doesn't work for trade orders.
Same route I take just a different boat :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest I have found is what Krusty Said errr Kylie :) Just hit print screen and then paste in regular old paint. I keep paint pinned in my task bar and takes all of 10-15 seconds to paste crop and save.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Snipping Tool for CC, EC has a built in screenshot maker. F12 it is, I think.

But let's get back to spawn that hilariously went wrong. Somebody got to have more :)

*Edit*
And there we go - Amushers spawned on the other side of the city walls and the wagon on the sea
weirdSpawn.PNG

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For screencaps, if you have a OneDrive or Dropbox account, there are actually keystrokes to save a screenshot directly to them.

Hitting Print Screen by itself saves to OneDrive
CTRL-Print Screen will save to Dropbox, If OneDrive isn't present/on. But, if OneDrive is also on the computer, it will usually direct the screenshot to OneDrive instead, despite the Dropbox command used.

Once you have the screenshot, there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of options out there to edit them further. I typically use paint.net, but used to use a 20 year old piece of Corel software that came with Word Perfect 8 suite, until the screenshots started saving in a format it couldn't read.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use Irfanview for screenshots.
Run it, press C, select the folder and the filename pattern, go back to UO and press alt+F11 or another hotkey you set at Irfanview and it will capture the screen for you.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are using Windows 10, the Windows Key + PrintScreen key will take a snapshot of your entire desktop and automatically store the image in your Pictures folder in a folder called "Screenshots". I usually take screenshots with that and then crop the game window in an image editing program later.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL maybe we should make a thread on the various ways to take and edit screen shots ;)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I didn't mean to derail the thread, thought someone would have the same problem and me and i'd get an answer and that'd be it, I apologize. I will post it on another separate thread as I see many solutions to try.

I was frustrated, I took my rowboat from the sand on the mainland to Jhelom and in that short distance I had 3 sets of ambushers, spawned on my lil rowboat and cart floated in the ocean I guess, just wanted to get a screenie of that and was frustrated when the method i have always used no longer works.