• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Things I learned earning 30 mil trick or treating last year....

K

kdawn79

Last year was the first halloween I had a GM beggar. I had fun and went to bed bleary eyed very late every night.

1) Jhelom fighters can be easily transported to your home. I generally had 40-50 at a time because that's how quickly you can trick or treat them before they reset. I'd have my hubby stand by at my house to gate them right into the room I was using...cause they kept walking out the door as I walked new ones in when the room got crowded.

2) Uninsure your gear....you are definately going to die...but in tram you'll be able to get your stuff back no problem.

3) Spellweaving is a trick or treater's second most important skill....Gift of life...I'll say no more.

4) The trick or treat macro: 1) Select Next - Mobile 2)Say: Trick or Treat 3) Current Target. All of this is ingame macro options. Set it up...spam away.

5) Clean up - As you die...many body parts will litter the floor making it harder to find your corpse....in the time it took to build enough mana to recast GoL I was madly mashing all those random body parts into my old corpses....it made life a little easier.

6) When you are done....REINSURE YOUR GEAR....the last thing you want is to lose something valuable when you go out hunting next...or in my case when a new guildie notices your cool uninsured stuff and decides getting it is worth more than being a part of the most awesome guild on chessie. EACH time you finish trick-or-treating....reinsure... or make a special cheap suit you don't care about for the job. Don't be lazy...learn from my mistakes.

Happy Hunting Folks!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How nice for you. News flash, 50 beg skill is useless. 122 deaths later and not one neat item a player with zero cannot get.

S

Salty Pete

I guess I must be missing something here... Why are you dying?

K

kdawn79

I guess I must be missing something here... Why are you dying?
Well...sometimes you get treats.....and sometimes you get TRICKS! One of those tricks is to get exploded into bits. Something like a hit for 56000 hp's? I don't quite remember the number.

S

Salty Pete

Well...sometimes you get treats.....and sometimes you get TRICKS! One of those tricks is to get exploded into bits. Something like a hit for 56000 hp's? I don't quite remember the number.
Ah ok, gotcha.

F

Fink

I don't know if I'll be making 30mil out of trick-or-treating, but I will try your power-approach.. I'd really like some of those webs.

*runs off to make a cheapy reg suit*

L

Lord Drakelord

first off you do not have to uninsure your stuff as yes you will get a message that so much was taken from your bank but you don't lose a single cent to trick treat when you die.

you can test that yourself on TC. Unless of course you need to GM begging then let someone else test it for you.

D

Dame Judi

Just curious.

Why, if you are doing this inside your own house and know you are going to die, do you need to be wearing anything at all?

K

kdawn79

I wear a suit with 21 mana regen and 40% lower mana cost so that I can regen as fast as possible to recast gift of life.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just run around naked on a charger of the fallen in Deluca or brit in the area where there are healers

K

kdawn79

I just run around naked on a charger of the fallen in Deluca or brit in the area where there are healers
That is also a very effective way of Trick or Treating. However, you're not able to do it 30-40 times in a minute. I am.

That being said...if I had a friend with the time to do nothing but stand there and rez me over and over for hours....I'd wear nothing too. As it stands, its a solo activity and I won't trick or treat even ONCE without Gift of life already cast...so I need to get it cast as quick as possible.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I guess im just confused as to why you need gift of life?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Nevermind ive just never used that skill. Now I know why hehehe