• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thieving Gits

G

well, i'm missing all our guild supplies, and a guild member (you know who you are) and am now alerting everyone i can think of, since the theft took place overnight. if i can name a name, and icq number and email,(yeah, you left that on my forum) on what i think was a throwaway account, please let me know, as i'd spare others the trouble i've had.
we are missing

2x black dye tubs
2x furniture dye tubs
1x special dye tub
1x leather dye tub

various rune books, about 20 in total, and including all the ones with my shop runes in, some made by lady cailleach bheaur, some by the hispania shop, tokuno places, quests, that sort of thing.

11k barbed leather, 9k horned leather and sundry spined and plain (5k there)
BOD books, with a variety of spined and plain and cloth bods, marked on the books(left the bones?) as well as sundry other tailoring supplies

3k blank scrolls, recalls, gates, and empty rune books, made by cail again. necro regs (but left the 100k magery regs, and all the alchemy stuff?)

a whole stack of leather armour, horned, barbed and spined, a lot made by sorcha and danoni porto, some by randolf bergen and paidric. if you see anyone wearing armour crafted by sorcha or danoni porto (specifically spined for danoni) and they're not in saor guild, please let me know as they are issued to guild members only.

smith supplies, including 1000 shadow iron ingots and almost 10k of plain iron and dull copper, as well as shovels and picks. pile of masonry tools and gold and silver wire.

bag of tailoring rewards - sandals, power scrolls, all put by for the trainees when they need them.

all of my archers bows, some made by sorcha, a pile of slayers and some training.

all of the guild weapons - bokutos made by sorcha, and bows made by sorcha too. again, should you see anyone with one of these, please let me know as they're issued to guild members only.

and that's what we've tallied up so far. they even took all the enhanced bandies out of the fountains. there are words for people like this, but none that would get past the swearware here. just so you know, you thieving barsteward, i'm not upset, i'm absolutely furious. i KNOW who you are, and one way or another, the debt will be repaid, be it in goods, gold or kind. everything you took was for the use of the guild, which is there for new and returning players, to try and give them a decent start. you are scum, lower than low.

if anyone should see armour crafted by sorcha or danoni porto, or bows or bokutos crafted by sorcha on someone that isn't in saor guild, please let me know. i've shouted round to all the traders i know, and posted this, it's all i can do i suppose.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame to hear that people steal even such relatively 'small' items.

If I can do anything to help (need some new tubs?), feel free to PM me.

G

That's disgusting! I'm sorry to hear what has happened and hope you get the stuff back...name and shame is my motto, if you know who they are NAME them!

T

The Wanderer

That is so awful, just shows you what low lives some people are, but you will get back what they took cos I am sure people will help you. I am so sorry
If you call a GM they can see who did it and deal with it i am sure

C

Cheif Bigum

Whilst the amounts of stuff are relatively small in the grand scheme of things, the main point of this is that Saor ,the guild that is victim, is set up to aide new and returning players get on their feet not only thro the supply of armour and basic supplies like rune books etc, but also help give them a sense of belonging and community that is a large part of the UO experience.

Now the perpertrator of this crime is in my book the lowest of the low because they are not stealing from a longtime veteran but moreso they are stealing from the future of UO and the new people that join.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That is so awful, just shows you what low lives some people are, but you will get back what they took cos I am sure people will help you. I am so sorry
If you call a GM they can see who did it and deal with it i am sure

[/ QUOTE ]

we did page a gm, to be told "there's nothing we can do on breaches of trust". didn't come as much of a surprise.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God! I get depressed reading posts like this. It is unbelievable how petty some people are, do they really have to act like this?.

I have lots of spare stuff which could replace a lot of what you have lost or I would be happy to give you a couple of million so you could replace what you want most urgently.

If either of these options appeal to you post again and I will contact you.

G

It would be breaking RoC to name this person on the thread, you are however at liberty to reply to anyone who pm's you for the information.

Might I also suggest that you post the location of your guild house and then lock down a box on the doorstep set to 'anyone' access.

Locked down, not secure. This means that anyone can come by and donate items to help you get back on your feet, Anything dropped into the box will be locked down, but only the house owner can unlock them.

I'll swing by with a few spare ingots when I know where I'm going.

M

Molly Foxglove

I would be surpriced if that work bc I cant make it like that with Paidrics chest at RAA. We just have to check it all the time and quickly move the items.
. What you said is how I think it should work but with the chest set to anyone you need to be friended to have acess.Weird indeed.

G

hmm, I'll test it. I'll lock a box down at the mall with my char that owns vendors there and then try putting some items in it with a char that isn't friended.

Doh, you're right. Anyone can look in it, but they can't add to it

G

thank you all so much - i'm overwhelmed.

molly and paidric have brought necro regs and boards and ingots and arrows(got all those too, the git). and we had a guild raid on destard last night, so our horned and barbed stores are up to about 3k each again. our newer members have been beating on the harpies and the lizzies for spined leather and feathers too. and all the good folks in the guild have been bringing armour and jewellery and weapons all day.

i'll make a pile of rune books and, once i've remade the cities and dungeons stock, will head off to various rune libraries to remake all the quest books and tokuno and fel (gulp!) and island books.

i've alerted all the traders i know, and various other guilds as well - if anyone who recruits wants this persons name and icq, let me know via pm and i'll happily pass them on. i'd hate to see this happen to anyone else

he contacted me via icq last friday and said that he'd got my details from the new player section. nothing odd there - i've posted our guild details and my icq, otherwise how do people get in touch? i helped him with his template via icq, then met him in game and took him back to the house. got him set up with armour (nothing special - we save the runic kit stuff for players with skills over about 80 - 90) and a bow and some bolts, then gave him city and dungeon rune books and took him back to haven to get his skills and new player quests. then took him to old haven and set him up training and left him to it. didn't see him again, tho he was seen in the guild room sunday, just before i logged on and he resigned from the guild. funnily enough, he logged onto our guild forum just after that.

again, thank you all so much. i know that not everyone is like this idiot, but you've confirmed my faith in human nature, and all the kind help is much appreciated. as the chief said, new players are what will keep this game going, and though i've only been playing 16mths, one of the first things i found i liked about this game were all the good people here. uo has been around 10yrs, i'd love to see it go at least another 10!

G

thanks to the generosity of a number of players, everything that we lost has now been replaced. i'm bowled over by the generosity displayed, from guildies and citizens of britannia in general. many many thanks to petra, molly, kiara, bobar, quingu, paidric,kaj, and everyone else who has given out of their own supplies to replenish what was taken. also thank you to my guildies, for bringing armour and weapons and scrolls and jewels and all the other things you've been putting in the chests.

there's some bad 'uns out there. but the good guys outnumber them, and they're winning!