• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief questions

MrG

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

Using a Mythic Character Token, which five skills listed in the thief template below (the hardest to train) would you boost to 90?

Are there any disadvantages to boosting thief skills?

I'm considering the following template(s).

100 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Lockpicking
100 Fencing
100 Tactics or Detect Hidden or Disarm Traps or Ninjitsu or Poisoning

I would like a well rounded thief template out of the gate with the most commonly used skills; I can always work on the less commonly used skills once I am established.

I am seeking opinions on whether I should swap out tactics for something else as I've seen fencing alone without it in thief templates. Should I leave it or swap it for detect hidden, disarm traps, Ninjitsu, poisoning or something else?

What should int/dex/str be?

I've noticed that some thief templates have fencing. What is fencing used for if not grouped up with tactics or anatomy in a thief template? In what scenarios would you use it? I love the idea of a thief with some blade skills even if it is not very powerful.

What is your thief template?
What do you use it for?
What is "a day in the life of" your thief like?
Is it profitable?
Is a PVM thief as profitable as stealing from other characters?
Why choose fencing over swordsmanship? Speed of weapons?
Is snooping useful in PVM at all?

Thank you,

Last edited:

Tjthunder

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You may want to throw out lockpicking, throw stealth down to 90, stealing up to 120, throw on ninjitsu and put it to 120, and throw poisoning to 80, tactics to 90. So it looks like this: 120 stealing, 120 fencing, 80 poisoning, 90 stealth, 120 ninjitsu, 90 tactics, 100 snooping. Snooping is basically completely useless in PvM. In PvP you need max snooping and stealing to steal most non powerscroll things, max weapon skill and 90 tactics to be effective in combat or if you want to disarm steal an uninsured weapon. The poisoning also helps in combat and the ninjitsu allows you to run faster while stealthed, use smoke bombs to run, and use dp shurikens to further your poisoning skill.