• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Thief of the Month - January '13

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll give 10m to the winner of this month. May be collected on Atl, LS, or GL.

Or, 1.5m on Siege. I'd like to give more there, but I accidentally bought one of those damned town titles.

More than 1 thief must participate for the month for this to apply.

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, my fellow scoundrels, here is my submission for PVP Theft of the Month - January. Feedback is welcome!

Henry Swift and The Leggings Liberation Organization

Another beautiful day in the Barter Town Stables, and this pack llama isn't going to abuse itself!

I give it everything I've got, but soon enough I grow weary of the needy llama's incessant desires

"Just one more time," it croons.

"Nay!" say I "for there is adventure in the wind! I can smell it!"

"We're in a stable," the doubting llama pouts, "I imagine it's not adventure you're smelling."

But it was.

Adventure likes to be found in the least likely of places, so on this night I ask myself where would I NOT
expect to find adventure? The answer is clear and immediate.

To Yew Gate we go! And what do I find at the moongate of Yew but Lucian the shield-wielding mage and Gamer X patrolling the meager remnants of an IDOC!

And nobody told me?

I pick through the paltry leavings and, my wooden bench quota having been filled earlier in the week, begin to inspect the visible hangers-on. Gamer X carries nothing but field supplies, and not in my brand.

But Lucian is carrying a treasure trove! Gold, silver, pots, bandages, and...

Sprago's Mighty Leather Leggings of Wizardry!

This nefarious wizard has swindled a poor gladiator's trousers! Nay, says I, this sort of foul play will not
stand! I decide then and there to liberate the magnificent leggings and return them to the bare-legged warrior they belong to.

(Perhaps a reward will be offered?)

With a patrolling red and a number of stealthers skulking about the place, just waiting for a keen-eyed adventurer to make a wrong move, I decide a mounted assault is the way to handle this. I line up, target the ill-gotten pantaloons, mount my trusty steed, and strike a blow against Trouser Tyranny!

The pants are free! I make my way to the nearest stop on the Underground Pants Railroad to hide myself from the depredations of the Yew Gate mobs, and to inspect the abused leggings for wear.

Despite their ordeal, the plucky pants of Sprago seem unharmed and undaunted! Victory is ours, little pants.

My heart swells with tremendous pride at the good work I have done here today, and the trousers and I leave the pants-mongering Lucian to his musings. Today is a glorious day for pants everywhere!

Have no fear, Leggings of the World, wherever you languish in vile servitude to malodorous masters, Henry Swift will find you and set you free.

(and return you to your owner, if the price is right.)

(Sprago, call me?) ^^

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealthing around on a Saturday night, ego tripping like never before. (Just got elected as the new leader of Barter Town you see.)

At the Makoto gate I find Ariana. Can't say I recall her. But with a pet like that, she should have some good stuff to her name. So in for a snoop I go.

Unusually clean backpack... But a strange staff! At the moment I have no idea what it is I'm looking at. But nevertheless, I must have it!

*Yoink*

And the usual "run around corners, mashing hide" follows. Until I finally hide and can get a closer look on what exactly I now own.

After this Ariana was pretty upset, mostly with herself it seemed. And she really should have known better than walking around with pretty sticks in her pockets.

She even asked if there was anything she could say, that would make me give it back. Now that I know it wasn't anything ultra rare I stole, I think I should have made her write a book about how awesome I am...

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes stealing isn't glamorous. Sometimes there isn't anything groundbreaking needed. Some days it's just a grind. Today was one of those days...

After stealthing around for a few hours, alone, one can get delusional. "Maybe they all left? Maybe I'm alone in this world? Will I ever see another soul again?!"
But they are out there, I can hear them...

Sometimes loneliness can drive one over the edge. To become what you never wanted to be, something you look down upon. "That is not me" I say.

But... today it is me.

It's so easy to fall in to that trap...
*Pop* through the moongate...
Hustle up the stairs...

Luna thieves...

I'm not proud. It wasn't pretty. But yes, people still stand there with stuff on them.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a great addition. Thanks
I'll give 10m to the winner of this month. May be collected on Atl, LS, or GL.

Or, 1.5m on Siege. I'd like to give more there, but I accidentally bought one of those damned town titles.

More than 1 thief must participate for the month for this to apply.
Thanks for sponsoring this. It was very entertaining.