• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief Needs Help

V

Vex

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, so I hope there are folks here who can give me some tips. I've never had a thief, and I thought it might be fun to run around trying to steal things from people. I guess my first question is -- Is it worth my time to make a thief?

If the answer is yes -- Can someone point me in the direction to achieving 60 stealing so I can join the Thieves Guild? What/where do I steal things to get to 60? How do I join the Thieves Guild once i reach 60? Can I be in a guild and also join the Thieves Guild at the same time? Is there a way to snoop things/people other than guildmates?

Template has the following skills - Hiding, Stealth, Stealing, Snooping, Ninjitsu, Fencing and a little Chiv. Is this a viable template for a thief? What should my stats be?

Any help/direction/tips are appreciated! :eek:

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At one time stealing items you your self put into box's at the Bucs Tram bank would get you to 65 + -. I don't know if it still works but it's worth a try. I'd put in my old armor items, dyes, cloth items, etc. Hope this helps you

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually we still get people who stealth steal PS and Stats at spawns. You just have to get very familiar with the char and very good before you try and expect to die a lot anyhow, but they do sometimes get a nice scroll. Of course, we hate them and try to kill them instantly, but it is a valid form of game play and use to be a very integral part of fel and its culture. Just realize that you have to join the thieves guild to steal from players which means they can kill you and not take counts and they can loot your body and not go gray at any point in time.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic