• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief guild master are broken

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been in the Thiefs guild for a few years now and i am attempting to quit, but i get the responce from the guildmaster that "You Just joined my guild! You must wait a week to resign."

I have most definatenly been in over a week, but cannot resign, anyone have any suggestions?

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Page a GM. I once had a problem like this and could not quit so I paged and the GM removed me.

K

K'torr

Or you could delete your current character and train up another, probably quicker that way.

D

Dexdash

you could kill a bunch of people and go red to fix that.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you been on that character for more than 40 hours? You said it was years, but you get that message if you haven't played 40 hours with the character.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW is all i can say the game master do not even read the pages, after staying in que for over an hour i get the standard responce that they have no clue how the game works by this reply

Greetings! This issue will require further investigation. As such, please report this to our Quality Assurance team via uo.com/mailBug.html or email [email protected] and submit a detailed report about your experience. This will include what you experienced, when, where, and under what circumstances. The information you submit will then be researched. However, please understand that no further correspondence will be sent to you.
Unfortunately, lost or stolen items cannot be replaced by GMs nor the QA team. Thank you again and take care.
I will not delete and replace a 25 stat and 120 scrolls includeing magery fenceing and others

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I SO hate that message from the GM's, when i know it is something that they can fix and have done so in the past. I am just sick and tired of nonesense canned messages when i ask for help with something that can be fixed.

The thing that keeps me in game now is simply the people..... i get so angry and frustrated with my contacts with EA.

there. i feel a little better................

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW is all i can say the game master do not even read the pages, after staying in que for over an hour i get the standard responce that they have no clue how the game works by this reply

I will not delete and replace a 25 stat and 120 scrolls includeing magery fenceing and others

That sucks. Like I said a GM fixed this for me once, so that means THEY CAN. They either don't read or have no idea what they are doing. It's sad.

S

Sheridan

Can you tell us how you worded the request? That's as important as the answer.

F

Fayled Dhreams

KB

To join the guild, find an NPC Thief Guildmaster, and tell him you wish to join the guild by saying "Vendor name join". Due to the nature of their business, the Thief Guildmasters can and should be difficult to find, but each city will usually have one or more of them wandering around.

If your character qualifies to join, the Guildmaster will tell you what the entrance fee is, and you can drop the required amount of gold on him to join.

Please note that [young] characters are not eligible to join the Thieves' Guild.

Your character must have adventured in the world for at least one real life week, must not have any murders to his name, and must have already demonstrated proficiency in stealing (60 skill minimum). Your character must also have at least 48 full real life hours in-game to qualify. You will need to keep track of your hours spent in the game world to determine when you have accumulated the required 48 hours; there is no in-game mechanism to tell how many hours your character has ingame, and Game Masters are not able to share this information with you.

Once you join an NPC guild, you cannot leave for one week (48 full real life hours in-game). To leave any NPC guild, tell the guildmaster NPC of that guild that you wish to quit or resign. He or she will respond and let you know if you can leave or not.

Please note that once you are in the thieves guild you will not be able to report murderers and other players can loot your corpse, even on a Trammel ruleset facet.

----------------------

Now then, First .... send the requested report.

Next, allow that the bolded part is true, the GM's can't/won't KNOW ... BY CHARACTER (not account) BY CHARACTER ...So;
burn some more hours ON the character and try again ... (a timer may have cleared accidentally)

IF your absolutly positively 100% certain that RECENTLY, in the last couple of months, that you HAVE the necessary >48 real world hours< on the character ...

page this:

Checked knowledge base, sent bug report, I HAVE more than the required 48hrs TO be able to quit the NPC guild. Please to remove me from thieves guild. Requires GM attention. thank you.
31 words / 172 characters

K

Kiminality

Quite so...
I don't think I've ever had a bad GM experience.
I don't page, unless I can't deal with the problem myself. Also, when I do page, I'm careful to word my pages clearly, and respectfully.
Since it's inevitable that you'll be sat in the queue for a large number of minutes, it hardly hurts to spend a few extra minutes on your page.

E

Emil IsTemp

I have been in the Thiefs guild for a few years now and i am attempting to quit, but i get the responce from the guildmaster that "You Just joined my guild! You must wait a week to resign."

I have most definatenly been in over a week, but cannot resign, anyone have any suggestions?
Your in for life.. remember? ;)

Just dont get on your horse..

L

Lord Drakelord

KB

To join the guild, find an NPC Thief Guildmaster, and tell him you wish to join the guild by saying "Vendor name join". Due to the nature of their business, the Thief Guildmasters can and should be difficult to find, but each city will usually have one or more of them wandering around.

If your character qualifies to join, the Guildmaster will tell you what the entrance fee is, and you can drop the required amount of gold on him to join.

Please note that [young] characters are not eligible to join the Thieves' Guild.

Your character must have adventured in the world for at least one real life week, must not have any murders to his name, and must have already demonstrated proficiency in stealing (60 skill minimum). Your character must also have at least 48 full real life hours in-game to qualify. You will need to keep track of your hours spent in the game world to determine when you have accumulated the required 48 hours; there is no in-game mechanism to tell how many hours your character has ingame, and Game Masters are not able to share this information with you.

Once you join an NPC guild, you cannot leave for one week (48 full real life hours in-game). To leave any NPC guild, tell the guildmaster NPC of that guild that you wish to quit or resign. He or she will respond and let you know if you can leave or not.

Please note that once you are in the thieves guild you will not be able to report murderers and other players can loot your corpse, even on a Trammel ruleset facet.

----------------------

Now then, First .... send the requested report.

Next, allow that the bolded part is true, the GM's can't/won't KNOW ... BY CHARACTER (not account) BY CHARACTER ...So;
burn some more hours ON the character and try again ... (a timer may have cleared accidentally)

IF your absolutly positively 100% certain that RECENTLY, in the last couple of months, that you HAVE the necessary >48 real world hours< on the character ...

page this:

Checked knowledge base, sent bug report, I HAVE more than the required 48hrs TO be able to quit the NPC guild. Please to remove me from thieves guild. Requires GM attention. thank you.
31 words / 172 characters

Thanks for the above information, will be useful.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something

Oh, and no it wouldn't...la
I douted myself for a moment, but logged in on my thief, and with a guildmate who agreed to help me on my little experiment, left the guild where i then killed him. It took a while as my thief has no real skill to kill somthing, but i got a message on screen saying somthing along the lines of "Due to your murderous 'somthing i forgot' you have been thrown out of the thieves guild" Unfortunatly i messed up saving my screeny in paint. But i prooved it to myself, thats all that matters.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband had this happen on his char and he had to call multiple GMs on different days to finally get one who would fix it. They kept telling him he hadn't played enough, but it had been years and he had played enough in the week before he called. This was years ago, so hope you have better luck when you get a GM to show.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I douted myself for a moment, but logged in on my thief, and with a guildmate who agreed to help me on my little experiment, left the guild where i then killed him. It took a while as my thief has no real skill to kill somthing, but i got a message on screen saying somthing along the lines of "Due to your murderous 'somthing i forgot' you have been thrown out of the thieves guild" Unfortunatly i messed up saving my screeny in paint. But i prooved it to myself, thats all that matters.
No no no. I dont know what shard you are on, but I have been playing a thief for a long time and even went red a couple times. I was never removed from the thieves guild for turning red.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no no. I dont know what shard you are on, but I have been playing a thief for a long time and even went red a couple times. I was never removed from the thieves guild for turning red.
I had a message on the screen but?? I dunno exactly what it said. *Grumbles*

F

Fayled Dhreams

Jahira-Tor :Ouch! a screenie really really would have helped .... and its gonna be .... mmm how many hours before you can try again?
lol
Anyways ... there ought to be some "tests" to see if indeed .... you got the boot from the guild.(considering the conflicting assertion by Viper09)

now your buddy ... Still guilded? drink some deadly poison or wrestle a flock of mongbats ... and die(with no aggro FROM him) ...
have your guilded buddy go to loot your corpse ... "he should" get a crim warning(Tram and Fel, right?) ... if indeed your out of the (thieves)guild ... right?
or maybe ...snoop and try a steal from him ...outside the guild ... supposedly you can't? (KB ... uncopied line of conditions above:
Answer
If you wish to be able to steal from other players using the Stealing the skill, you will need to join the NPC Thieves' guild.)
Ah! howabout ...He kills You? can/do You get the gump to report as a murder? (don't! he's helping remember) .... leave the gump up and catch a screenie of that !!

eh?

course ... still ... sorry, but ... STILL leaves the question in my mind that you were in the (thieves)Guild to begin with ... evidence chain thing ...
1 more:
Howabout asking to resign? or Join?(nope, murderer) So ... find the "quit guy" ... ask to quit ...(supposedly your out right?)
hmmmm I've NO skills(journeyman pickpocket)
and the guildmaster gives the same bark for both requsts(from me) (join guild, resign guild)
"You must be at least a journeyman pickpocket to join this elite organization"
nnnnnn need a set of others to work the logic on that ...

*shrugs* Thanks for trying ... surely a wiley thief ... can find a way to convince?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Due to your murderous 'somthing i forgot' you have been thrown out of the thieves guild"
Pic or it never happened. Stop spreading false information about the thief profession. I've known multiple people who have played red thieves. YOU ARE WRONG!!!...la

L

Lord Drakelord

And I was just about ready to try this myself. Just had to fine someone to kill. hummm guess I wait for the movie. :thumbup1:

L

Lord Drakelord

Jahira-Tor :Ouch! a screenie really really would have helped .... and its gonna be .... mmm how many hours before you can try again?
lol
Anyways ... there ought to be some "tests" to see if indeed .... you got the boot from the guild.(considering the conflicting assertion by Viper09)

now your buddy ... Still guilded? drink some deadly poison or wrestle a flock of mongbats ... and die(with no aggro FROM him) ...
have your guilded buddy go to loot your corpse ... "he should" get a crim warning(Tram and Fel, right?) ... if indeed your out of the (thieves)guild ... right?
or maybe ...snoop and try a steal from him ...outside the guild ... supposedly you can't? (KB ... uncopied line of conditions above:
Answer
If you wish to be able to steal from other players using the Stealing the skill, you will need to join the NPC Thieves' guild.)
Ah! howabout ...He kills You? can/do You get the gump to report as a murder? (don't! he's helping remember) .... leave the gump up and catch a screenie of that !!

eh?

course ... still ... sorry, but ... STILL leaves the question in my mind that you were in the (thieves)Guild to begin with ... evidence chain thing ...
1 more:
Howabout asking to resign? or Join?(nope, murderer) So ... find the "quit guy" ... ask to quit ...(supposedly your out right?)
hmmmm I've NO skills(journeyman pickpocket)
and the guildmaster gives the same bark for both requsts(from me) (join guild, resign guild)
"You must be at least a journeyman pickpocket to join this elite organization"
nnnnnn need a set of others to work the logic on that ...

*shrugs* Thanks for trying ... surely a wiley thief ... can find a way to convince?

If your thief can purchase Dis kits from the Thief Guild Master, then the thief is a member of the Thief's guild.