• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

They Can't Have Him!

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting in her office she began looking over her notes. No no no it's all wrong she began to think to herself. She began to cross out names and circle others. I gotta find a new way but how, it seems no matter where I go they expect me to ask my questions... Aulbrey tore the pages from her journal and crumpled them as she threw them across the room.

She sighed to herself as she pulled a small flask from her pocket. You and I have been together through so much has it really come to this. I thought I could fix it, the experiments the journey, my life its not what I expected have I really fallen so far from my goals. Aulbrey ran her fingers over the initial on the flask as a tear began to roll down her face.

the sound of a gate door opened downstairs, aulbrey stood up and proceeded downstairs. Now what she thought to herself as she slowly walked to the door she wiped the tears from her face and opened the door. Before her stood a familiar face, aulbrey looked up and with a shaky voice she said h....ho.......how are y...yo.....you here?.

Does it matter the voice behind the hood said..

we have much we must discuss but first do you still have the book?

Trying to compose herself Aulbrey motioned towards the stairs. I have it but is it really still needed.. I mean..you saw what happened last time

the voice behind the hood stared towards Aulbrey... What do you mean? Have you not located him?

Aulbrey opened the door to her office and reached into her desk pulling out a dusty old book. Looking up aulbrey started to speak quietly... speak up the voice said loudly... aulbrey to a deep breath and began to tell the tale of her recent journey. She finished the story by quickly crying out...... HE'S NOT HERE

the voice start to shout....WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT HERE?

Don't lie to me we have been watching I know about the list if he is not here then choose a replacement and make it quickly time is running out.

And with that the hooded figure took the book and left the house.

After a few moments Aulbrey walked to the crumpled up piece of paper and began to read over it. I cant do this not again she began to whisper to herself. There must be another way she thought to herself but who can I trust to talk to about this. All I know is they can't have him.... with that she fell to the floor and began to cry