• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

They cant be F'Ing Serious

G

Gawin

My first thought was an April fools joke but that does not fall till after the event

D

Deb

Not sure if you were playing during the Moonglow event when we went down in the hole and chose sides, but that is when we were told we would have to choose
sides, Shadowlords was one...but I can't remember what the other was.
So, most people should have been prepared for this. But probably have
long forgotten since it was so long ago.
That is when we got the glass daggers.

G

Gawin

how about have the EM's form guilds for each side

then no one lose there level in factions that are in opposing ones already and no one has to join a faction.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Or I bet there will be a further event for the other faction as well. I think this is kind of cool. I didn't join either faction but I feel that this approach to the story line is rather interesting.

K

kalzaketh

count yet another out of the listing,I've avoided the factions of uo since may of 2K,I was a part of swg factions, but uo missed the factions ideals on so many levels as to be void, :(

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the shadowlords are who are basicly behind the attacks (falsehood, cowardess and hate), so being in the shadowlords faction would align yourself with them!
with that said, we had the glass dagger issue where some people pledged themselves to the shadowlords and there faction in a role players perspective!
so an event for the shadowlords faction should happen!! hopefully it has something to do with these daggers lmao
only issue here is if you wanted to leave your faction to try this event out!, for faction people that means losing all our points you have gathered and rebuilding some points before the event starts, and then after! returning to your old faction and re building points! ( doubt its worth it)...*kicks myself for leaving SL*

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try reading more Gawin. It was stated there would be another event for "all others" in the same breath. Further, do you want/like PvP? If not, then why are you concerned? This event will be held in Fel and there is guaranteed to be PvP. And if you DO like PvP? Well, you can join one of the other factions (if not there already) and RAID the event - Draconi straight stated this was acceptable.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Try reading more Gawin. It was stated there would be another event for "all others" in the same breath. Further, do you want/like PvP? If not, then why are you concerned? This event will be held in Fel and there is guaranteed to be PvP. And if you DO like PvP? Well, you can join one of the other factions (if not there already) and RAID the event - Draconi straight stated this was acceptable.
Haha I love it sounds like Drama by Design! Maybe UO is Smarter then we all give them credit for!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or I bet there will be a further event for the other faction as well. I think this is kind of cool. I didn't join either faction but I feel that this approach to the story line is rather interesting.
I kinda agree with you Nabin. I am interested to see where this approach goes. I've never been in a faction, I'm not planning on joining one now, and my few trips to Fel have all ended with me taking a dirt nap shortly after leaving the moongate. But this storyline development is sort of interesting...

Gawin always was sort of a drama queen... HEH... *ducks and runs*

R

RichDC

t
with that said, we had the glass dagger issue where some people pledged themselves to the shadowlords and there faction in a role players perspective!
Actually no they didnt, the glass daggers are the "good" version of an item the shadowlords will recieve.

Draconi mentioned this in his posts somewhere but no-one ever bothers to read them it seems.

The majority of this event has centred around factions so why would they change it?!? It seems appropriate...as draconi once again mention "why does anyone not in SL have the RIGHT(he bolded that) to hear the plans of there masters!" but once again people dont read...this is part of a larger arc, either join SL and fight for evil...or dont and fight evil.

Jeez the event hasnt even happened and people are moaning about it!!So fel get some love for once whatst the big deal about that???Every...and i mean EVERY event in the past has been open to trammelites and not many to Fellucians...seems to me Mythic have begun to realise that PvP is a HUGE part of this game and are acting appropriatly.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
regardless of draconi saying the glass dagger is the good version or not!
to get the glass dagger you had to visit Andrew (servent of the shadowlords) and pledge your allegiance to the shadowlords to receive the glass dagger, refusing there offer left ya dead and tossed from the void!..so i stick with what i said

R

RichDC

I misread that bit...you have aligned with them but you dont serve them.

Its kinda like COM there aligned with TB but there far from allied!

Draconi_EA
UO Lead Designer

Posts: 343 Re: Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned back during the
Moonglow event? When we went in the hole and chose sides. I seem
to recall that we would choose between Shadowlords or ??. The
event when we got the glass daggers. Or is that something totally
different and I am just senile

You not only remember correctly, but this event will use a darker version of the glass daggers Andrew previously endowed the faithful with.

R

ravenheart31

I have to disagree here. While I dont really ever PVP unless I have to, and I think I've visited fel on 2 occasions in the last year probably, it does seem that PVPers and felucians get the shaft when it comes to events. Simply put if you dont like the terms dont participate. There will be an event as I read from a poster above for those of us who dont want to join a faction, so take a chill pill and be kool.

R

Richard Pryor

I told Andrew that I bow for no man and he killed me. Jerk.

D

Deb

I have to disagree here. While I dont really ever PVP unless I have to, and I think I've visited fel on 2 occasions in the last year probably, it does seem that PVPers and felucians get the shaft when it comes to events. Simply put if you dont like the terms dont participate. There will be an event as I read from a poster above for those of us who dont want to join a faction, so take a chill pill and be kool.
I have to agree with you, and judging from the last 2 little impromptu
meetings our EM had in Luna it seems to be the general consensus as
well. I don't pvp either unless forced into it and I usually lose which is
ok, BUT most of our events have been Tram based. We will get our
chance, so for me it is no biggie. I can wait.
And if people have been following the story line this was definitely to
be expected and we were told about it.

M

Millie

I told Andrew that I bow for no man and he killed me. Jerk.
rofl.. I think he killed a lot of us.
As for the event centering around Factions. I hope all that participate have fun, It's not my bag of tea.