• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

These guys are idiots...

D

debslee

*nods* I think its time to let it go, and let TSO RIP - as harsh as it sounds.

I have taken the step to uninstall so that I dont get any crazy ideas to resurrect something that is gone forever. But I echo your sentiments, maybe someone should offer to buy the source code off EA if they feel they cant let it go. :(

S

Starrfoxx

It seems like a scam, but then there was a post where they responded that you do NOT have to use your old EA id and password. You could just make up a whole new one. In that case, I don't see how it's a scam because you aren't giving them anything valuable.

On the other hand, I don't see how this could last. I suppose if they keep it free, then EA may leave them alone. I'm sure it's not cheap to keep the server running, and I would think eventually they would want to close it down because it's too much to keep up.

Or EA will find this a violation of the Terms and Agreement, regardless that the game is dead, and send them a Cease & Desist.

I'm curious to see if this "private server" actually works. But then, I've kinda moved on to other things now.

C

Caesar

It seems like a scam, but then there was a post where they responded that you do NOT have to use your old EA id and password. You could just make up a whole new one. In that case, I don't see how it's a scam because you aren't giving them anything valuable.

On the other hand, I don't see how this could last. I suppose if they keep it free, then EA may leave them alone. I'm sure it's not cheap to keep the server running, and I would think eventually they would want to close it down because it's too much to keep up.

Or EA will find this a violation of the Terms and Agreement, regardless that the game is dead, and send them a Cease & Desist.

I'm curious to see if this "private server" actually works. But then, I've kinda moved on to other things now.
I can't work, not with the lack of information they have.

W

Wyld Cherry

Sorry, but I Know some of you know and or read, EA will NOT sell the source code to this game. The source code is NOT for sell, not anytime soon, not never.

Why can't anyone understand that, the source code is NOT for sell.

Just let TSO RIP, let it go please. Like Deb said, let it go, let TSO RIP, its harsh to hear it but come on. This will make some of you NUTZ :(

M

Milton

The scam might be not in getting your EA username and password, but in having you download and install their file.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That site is so cute! It says the servers are "Up!". They have forums now I see, so I'll have to watch those for the amusement factor. I like how it says "Just keep on trying, it will eventually let you in..". :sleep2:

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

How to run a scam:

Step 1: Determine something folks want soooooo bad, they'll let their guard down to get it.

Step 2: Make them think you're the only one who can give them what they want.

Step 3: Determine a way to trick them into loading software on their computer, and/or providing you with their username and password on a given site.

Step 4: Use the keylogger you got them to install and/or the fact that most folks unfortunately use the same username/pw combo on every site they're on to gain access to their bank accounts, and/or directly access their billing information if they were foolish enough to provide you with the username and password for the account you were asking for it from, and thereby learn their demographic and credit card information.

Step 5: Commit identity theft and credit card fraud at will.

So. Since a whois ain't gonna work on a common domain name like that, where the physical location of this new non-EA server running TSO is located is anyone's guess.

But MY money's on Nigeria...

C

Caesar

How to run a scam:

Step 1: Determine something folks want soooooo bad, they'll let their guard down to get it.

Step 3: Determine a way to trick them into loading software on their computer, and/or providing you with their username and password on a given site.

Step 4: Use the keylogger you got them to install and/or the fact that most folks unfortunately use the same username/pw combo on every site they're on to gain access to their bank accounts, and/or directly access their billing information if they were foolish enough to provide you with the username and password for the account you were asking for it from, and thereby learn their demographic and credit card information.

So. Since a whois ain't gonna work on a common domain name like that, where the physical location of this new non-EA server running TSO is located is anyone's guess.

LOL.

W

Wyld Cherry

How to run a scam:

LoL, funny people are not soo bright with that either :danceb:

Studly

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats a scam...what they are doing is having you point your ports to their "server" which when you do try to login. The port opens up, gives them your IP addy and a way into your computer to install or do anything they want.