• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) These Commodities in High Demand

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many citizens of Sosaria seem to have been focused on the current elections. In the meantime, with everyone focused elsewhere, there has been a concerning trend. Golden ingots and barbed leather pieces have seen prices sky rocket like never before.

"It is crazy!" exclaimed TM Jr, an avid commodities trader and owner of stall E-3 in the tram magincia bazaar. "One day you the best someone is buying barbed leather for is 200 gold and now there is a stall just north of me paying 350," as he grabbed for his over inflated gold pouch and with a sly grin said, "If you knew what you were doing you could have made a mint"

Thorn Silverblad, a saltpeter miner by trade (among other things) and owner of stall I-1 in the fel magincia bazaar that trades in ingots as well refused to change his prices saying this, "I've been burned before by this fluctuation game. I will keep my prices low and reasonable and let others chase the quick money."

Billy Voltaire the miner thinks it is great. "I trade in fish at my fel bazaar vendor, but I run a little mining shop on the side and supplement my income with mining when the fish trade slows up. Crab and lobster and fish have seen a plateau in commodities. Using the right combination of prospector tool and garg pick, I can cherry pick the most profitable spots for mining. The key is to stick and move. Don't mine out a spot if you can't get the ingots they are buying." Mr. Voltaire refused to share more of his trade secret mining techniques and fears a rise of MK's (Miner Killers) in his secluded mining spots.

Maverick the lumberjack had this to say, "Bah! Ingots and leather. No one buys wood anymore?! Guess I will have to go back to my previous profession of dragon slaying. You could probably get 20 pieces of barbed leather off a dragon if you knew how to skin them right. Let's see that is 20 times 350 plus tax minus commission plus fees...bah...why doesn't anyone buy wood anymore?"

"I tell you it is inflationary tactics and economical fixing! This amounts to insider trading and I believe one or more of the candidates for the recent election were in cahoots!" said the scribe Fido as he scoured the commodity vendors for blank scrolls.

Is it just coincidence? Is something running afoul of the newly found political world? We may never know. But in the meantime...it might be time to clear out that extra stock.