• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

These BODs

A

Arutha of UP

Is it my imagination or is the BOD system a huge time sink? I had a GM blacksmith and decided to try and earn a few hammers/scrolls through the BOD system. It seems to me to be a really drawn out lottery type of system--and I don't see myself completing a single large BOD any time soon. I just dont seem to get the small BODs I need-and I have 4 other characters getting them every hour.

Do you guys think blacksmithing is worth the crazy amount of effort?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the price of powder of fort these days, there are definitely worse ways to spend your time.

But I wouldn't dream of doing a BOD.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally don't think it is worth the effort. However, filling BODs for powder of fortifying or low level runic hammers is not very time comsuming and should be considered, especially since the prices for these skyrocketed since Imbuing was introduced. (Before Imbuing, DC runic hammers were just thrown away or sold for 500gp, today they cost about 50,000. PoF went up from 30,000 to 80,000.) PoF and DC runics come from small BODs.

With low level tools you can craft very useful base weapons which you can imbue with low cost. For example, DC hammers can yield weapons with 30% SSI or 15% HCI, which otherwise would require 5 Relic Fragments to imbue.

You could pick up a couple of BODs a day and use the BOD Reward Calculator to check whether they yield useful rewards. I never bothered with large BODs.