• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

There seems to be a bug in vendor purchase

apple][

Visitor
Long story short:
1. Just before the daily server restart I found a nice cleaver through vendor search and hop to the vendor and bought it. It's insured immediately and I recall back to luna bank.
2. When the server is available again I logged in and didn't saw that cleaver in my char.
3. Searched again through the vendor search and the item is no longer there.

I am very sure about that item for I have been very specific for the properties and price. Since I used the recall function by the map on vendor search I can't get back to check. Oh well, I hope the seller got that money without losing his/her item on vendor.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Look in your journal to see if the warning about server down came before you brought the item.
Where was your char, when you logged in after server down? If you was back in Luna, all should be ok and the item have to be somewhere in your backpack.
Now if Server stopped saving before you left Luna to buy the item, you did not really buy the item and all should be ok too.
If you was on the vendor plot, when you logged in again, maybe it chould be a problem.

My guess is, server stopped saving before you found the item on vendor seach and maybe the seller added the item after server stopped saving. As it was not saved, it did not happen, and you need to wait for the vendor owner to readd the item to the vendor.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Search again, sometimes items don't always show up in vendor search. it's a bit buggy all around. it does sound like you bought it after the server stopped saving as Freja Said.

apple][

Visitor
Thanks for your suggestions. I can only confirm (by attempting to sell something to NPC and scroll through the menu) the item is not on my char after I login back in Luna bank, and that that item does not appear on vendor search. Yes I agree it is very likely the purchase occurred after server saving, but since I can't find this item now (and thus the vendor) so like what Freja said the owner should still have it. Or, someone else already bought that item right after server is back up, and therefore by the time I checked the item no longer shows ;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The worse I had done after server stopped saving, was locking down several chest after moving house and not logging in right after server came up again. It's several years ago now, but it did hurt badly as the chests was gone, when I logged in next day.