• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

There is NO 8 mod cap!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I posted on the "other forum" about the "8 mod cap" that has been talked about in several forums.

Straight from @Kyronix, this evening, "No, I confirmed with Bleak there is no 8 mod cap." So there we go! Conformation from a dev! :) I'm am sure that they are harder to get now, but the chance that they CAN drop is good enough for me.

gfstein

Visitor
Could you please show me an item with 10+ properties, not including mage armor, resist, antigue, brittle,prize etc.. that you got in the last 1-3 months?

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have a cap, under 14 but over 8, looks like some encounters have her own mod cap (like sg 8, t-maps 9) let's wait another m&g then whe ask with more info maybe?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is a Meet and Greet today on Europa (I will miss some of it because it's at 3 PM Central and I pick my daughter up from school then) BUT if you have to ask about it again...here's your chance!

3 PM Central on Europa!

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like mesana told 10 mod still possible, i lost some minutes in the m&g, i will wait the full transcript.

Ok i asked she about that with some details, you guys will see in the transcript when avaiable, its all rng. :p

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There is a Meet and Greet today on Europa (I will miss some of it because it's at 3 PM Central and I pick my daughter up from school then) BUT if you have to ask about it again...here's your chance!

3 PM Central on Europa!
in your PM to you full transcript

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i asked she this time about jewels, that way we don't have a problem to tell (she thinked resists count as prop)

When someone mate a topic with transcription everyone can give the 2 cents about, it was a fun m&g

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason you see less of the high mod no names is they started banning multiboxxers. It can only be gotten by taking 10+ accts to fight something like abcess. Only high end ML named bosses had the loot table to drop that stuff, purtrifer was nerfed. That's why you don't find that stuff in bulk anymore. It obvious by some peoples auction safes who was illegally obtaining them over the past few years, those people should be banned.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason you see less of the high mod no names is they started banning multiboxxers. It can only be gotten by taking 10+ accts to fight something like abcess. Only high end ML named bosses had the loot table to drop that stuff, purtrifer was nerfed. That's why you don't find that stuff in bulk anymore. It obvious by some peoples auction safes who was illegally obtaining them over the past few years, those people should be banned.
I feel a lot of confusion also stems from horrible communications from BS once again. There is this one Mesanna piece from the M&G which raised more questions than it answered, and then there is this answer from Kyronix on the official forum, that also lacks any further explanation what was changed.

Like how hard can it be to put in the changelogs.

"Lowered loot tables of Putrifier, Abcess, ..."
"Capped amount of loot to 100 items per body"

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried be the MOST objective possible, but the answer confused me a lot, so i give up and will just keep playing get 8 mod items selling each for 50m to buy a 1p item once a while