• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Theft of the day!!

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play a thief, but I do have a nack for garage sales. I've coined the term "vendor raiding".

I go onto a shard, and do a quick vendor search looking for incredibly discounted items (aka mislabeled items).

I usually do this while hunting for bod books full of bods that default price to 22 gp. Not a great tale, but I've LooTed many a book on many a shard.

Today I just happened upon a vendor while searching for a rental spot on Atlantic. I transferred over to sell an item for a bit of coin. This particular vendor was in Luna, on the west side of town, and had many deeds on it. I just happened to click on the first deed I could find, and it was an Item Bless Deed (400k). I figured, heck, that's a bargain, I'll buy enough of these up to put one on each suit piece.

Well, I bought it, and then clicked on the next to buy, and it was a clothing bless deed (400k), as was the rest of the stack that it was in. I then moused over the other stack in the vendors pack, and it was indeed Item Bless Deeds (9 million). It was hard to suppress a grin that I found a vendor that was sleeping at the register, so I didn't.

I then searched vendors in the local area and found clothing bless deeds for less, and bought the ones I needed for my suit.

Many thanks for thy unwilling contributions to LooT (Liberators of others Things, LA, Legends, ATL, Pac, SP).