• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Theather Backdrops changing!

G

Ok, I own a store, made a cc sign, with the store logo, and I have it up front, so it welcomes people when they come by!

and often, and mostly newbies come there, and change the backdrop to a different image then what I want. and it annoys me!!

So I think those backdrops should be set so ONLY owners and roomies can change them.. hehe

Ever had that happen to any of you guys? What do you think?

-Toby Maxwell

G

I know its a silly pet peeve but it bugs me too! I like to keep mine on the red drapes since I use it as a backdrop for my TV. Sigh silly sims always change it. I really hate the snow scene...brrrrr!

C

Creed84

Well yes they could do that like they do for the doors. But till then, if you wish, you could put some small fencing around it. Should keep them from changing it. I know it may seem out of place, but best you can do now too keep them from changing your backdrops.

G

OMG ty, why dident I think of that?? I have already done it in a way in my skill lot, without even thinking bout it

I put a pool around it, so the backdrop stands in the middle

but ty, you opened my eyes to something I already have done lol

-Toby

I

imported_Danny Dots

I think this is a good idea because if that was happening to me, I would find it very annoying.

G

HAHA ty

Actually at this very moment, Im watching the same newb come in to my store, but now to find out I blocked the access to the theatherbackdrop!
Its so funny, I have just had to type out her: MOHAHAHA NEVER AGAIN!

But she dont ever talk, I dont think she know how to ..

G

Fence works, water is also good - it wont get in the way on the picture

G

Build a door piece around it and put 1 door and set to Owner and Roommates only.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Poor free players. It's not like they have alot to do and now you are taking away one of their few pleasures. I understand if you want to keep your CC sign showing all the time but for pete's sake give them another backdrop to play with while they admire your CC.

B

BearlyWrong

What if you made a backdrop with The words ...Change me I'm ugly on it ...do you think they would change it or leave it
Truth is people like to do what they shouldn't so if you say go ahead ..they will leave it alone

G

Here's an idea for the door. Make it a pay door. If they want to change it you might as well get something for it... lol

I

imported_gensi

*Makes note to go in as newb, next time she changes the backdrop*

I did change it back, giggle.

G

What I do at my store is put an oject by it so they can not change it. I have 2 backdrops for display. Not a problem any more.

G

NOIP

This is the sort of thing I like doing (not that I have been to your shop lately Toby... honest
)

Oh and changing the colours of the shower mat thingies ]:)

Mwahahahahahaha

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and changing the colours of the shower mat thingies ]:)

Mwahahahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know I'm not the only one who gets a kick out of doing that.

If anyone whos houses I hang out at reads this...wasnt me!