• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The winner of my account & Good bye UO.

M

mourningSkie

I Sent out a post during the week that I was giving my account away.
And thats just what I did! The winner is "Jonathan M* From siege Perilous! Congrats Jonathan.
I asked for a brief description on why you would think you should win it and his was the one I found to be the best. All I wanted was someone that would take care of it..and I believe he will. Theres nothing better than family to play with.
congrats again and to all who entered, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your story with me.

Heres Jonathan's
I suppose I could start with myself. My name is Jonathan, as you can see by my e mail address. I live in Alaska, and I'm going on 21. My father has been playing Ultima Online since I was a young lad(since 97, and still going). I used to chop wood for him and hide it under his house steps using circle of transparency when I was just old enough to move the mouse. He has had all of his houses in the same spot on all of the different shards he plays, and all the same named chars...a real role player. I remember watching him run around with the shadowclan on siege when I was not old enough to play, he would teach me the orchish grammer..and explain what each word was, like "krimp", meaning to pin a person down with mass orcs. Once I started paying attention to the game. My view of the game, well got better..The more I played the game, the more I loved it. All threw school I played on my fathers two accounts, I talked my friends into playing. I really got into it when I was an early teen, and I got my buddies to play with me(they got their own accounts). A few years ago, I started to watch him play siege again. I really wanted to play with my own father, I got my own account, thank goodness with a personal bless deed on the siege character, and joined CWS with him. Father and Son...playing together, working as a team. Soon my brother got into it, and my girlfriend/fiancee soon later....My only delema.. and the reason I am giving this a try, is that I have honestly played all this time, and the account that I have has nothing to show for it, accept the countless Artifacts and junk that we all have piled up as ultima grew, hoping one day it will be as rare as phoenix ar..
I would love to be able to have an account that has been around as long as I have actually played, and to ride a polar bear like my father.. Thank you for reading my "rant"..hehe
-Jonathan M, De Mise.

So..have fun Jonathan..and all you UO lovers..keep gaming..9 years is enough for me..I've shard joy, laughter, tears and love. I've seen friends come and I've watched a few pass away. ..
I've watch families be made, and families destroyed.
Just remember..
when it all comes down to it..
its just a game.
Farewell my friends
~Skie

A

Arch Magus

Glad to have ya'. Sorry to see you leave.

Congrats to Jonathan though. Can't beat a free account.:)