• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The wild bug.. watch out

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. Ive noticed from time ot time that certain area's are hit by this.. normally only the lower lvl of shame and fel dragon turtle spawn.. where the happiness of all pets in the area drops at a super fast rate.. within 7-12 mins your pets goes wild if not noticed and feed.. watch for it making the refused command sound without you giving the command over and over again... at this point you have 2 mins to feed your pet or it goes wild... It hit navreys room tonight on LS and 7 pets almost went wild at once.... just be aware of this... Ive never seen it hit a boss room like this before and the area always fixes with a server reset.. just know there are zones ths happens too.. and watch for the signs.. if you lore you pet and its at max happiness and 3 mins later its nearing content ... its happening and feed your pet and return to that area after a server reset,.. ,many pets have already been lost to this bug on LS... please watch your pets happiness..

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just want to report that this bug is alive and well. Almost lost my Bane last night.
Before heading out to Sorc dungeone I fed it even though it was not asking for it. Then went to fight it in the final room. I gave it command to guard me. It obeyed, but ran off fighting something else maybe a minute later. I let it and kept doing my own thing. About 10 minutes after I noticed that it's health was below 50% so I found it, jumped on it and rode out of the room. A zombie followed me. I dismounted and ordered the bane to attack. It disobeyed. I immediately lored it, and what do you know - it was "rather happy."

This is a very scary occurrence despite a a good outcome, because it would be extremely unlikely for me to notice it disobeying anything if it was under a pile of mobs (which is very frequently). If I chose to actively command it in that spawn instead of letting it fight whatever it wanted, I probably would have lost my only Bane.

@Kyronix, don't you think it's time to at least acknowledge this bug and let us know if you are working on it, or you can't duplicate it, or you don't consider it's important enough, or anything at all?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Before pets would last Wonderfully Happy nearly forever. I have a guildmate who had a pack of wild bunnies. Fearsome, I know. And because he had not the stable room, he would leave these bunnies all over the place: Luna, Umbra, outside of homes, and place safe. He could go off hunting for the day and come back and his bunnies would still be there waiting. There loyalty would drop a bit after this time but they were still tamed.

After patch, with the line of sight checks, the loyalty check seems to be much more often. I'm guessing there may be more los loyalty checks when a pet is in combat, so people don't just leave their pets when hunting. And let's face it. a lot of tamers have become a lot more lazy after patch 97. Less interaction, less commands. And in rooms like Jack's, there is the terrible los issues. And now that objects and uneven ground can cause LOS.

My suggestion would be for tamers to actually interact with their pets more. Be wary of uneven ground, server lines, etc. Listen to the responses or lack of responses your pet gives you. And lore if in doubt.

Rather Happy is still somewhat high loyalty.

Other than that, the 7+ active tamers in our guild have not had any issues like this that we did not expect.

And if anyone thinks they have an issue, they need to accurately document it. Where they were standing, their pet, what each were doing, etc etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After patch, with the line of sight checks, the loyalty check seems to be much more often.
Sounds like they are hiding behind objects so Navrey wont web them.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My suggestion would be for tamers to actually interact with their pets more. Be wary of uneven ground, server lines, etc. Listen to the responses or lack of responses your pet gives you. And lore if in doubt.
If you read my post, I think it is very likely that had I interacted with my pet the way I usually do, I would not have it today. I do not see how you can reliably tell if your pet is obeying you or not if you are in the middle of an intense fight with dozens of mobs. I think in the days of pets that cost a few hundred million in scrolls, the going wild mechanic needs a serious revision. Pets should not be going from happy to wild in the span of minutes no matter what the owner is doing or not doing, apart from actually releasing them.

Rather Happy is still somewhat high loyalty.
It's a couple of disobeyed commands/seconds away from wild.

Other than that, the 7+ active tamers in our guild have not had any issues like this that we did not expect.
I am sure if this was happening very frequently, it would have been addressed one way or the other. Problem is, the severity of consequences of this bug is such that one time is too much. People would and probably have quit the game over loss of a beloved or one of a kind pet.
We've seen something like a half dozen reports here on Stratics. Given, that only a tiny fraction of players bothers visiting, here, that frequency is actually pretty huge. And I bet there are a lot more that just paged a GM, heard the standard line about not replacing items or pets, and signed off in frustration.