• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Who got quaked" thread

G

Brum! \o/

To quote myself:
"I thought my cat was being annoying again...
Then I looked around and she's looking at me with a "wtf're you doing?" look on her face.
"

edit: also, internet keeps dropping out >.<

G

I got all shook up out of a sound sleep.

according to the bbc
it was 5.3 magnitude and centred on Market Rasen

Done some playing with AA route planner

That's 49 miles from me, 101 miles from Kimi, 106 miles from Trevvy and 53 miles from Barian (roughly that is)

D

davehibb

Yup it got us in Halifax, was like something out of the exorcist with the bed rattling and wardrobe shaking.

G

Yah we got shook a little,,,

....and Petra 49 miles from you that would make it 48 miles from me...

G

i thought i was at a harrower, i expected wither spam to follow.

but seriously, didn't even wake me. my body must have registered it as a fart.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serves you all right for living in such a fragile country.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]The main 10-second quake, which struck at 0056 GMT at a depth of 15.4km (9.6 miles), was the biggest recorded example since one with a magnitude of 5.4 struck north Wales in 1984.

G

It was rather disconcerting, it almost took me as long as it lasted to realise what it was (first thoughts were "that's a very big truck, what's it doing around at this time" and "someone's lit a [censored] at an oil depot, again").

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*suspects a Welsh plot*

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got me in Peterborough. Woke up this morning wondering if I had imagined it.

G

missed us here, (outer hebrides) a whole 634miles from leicester, where we used to live

was in peterborough area when one hit in 1990, felt that. same time in the morning too, strangely enough. wasn't so bad. like being in a house near a rail track with a really really BIG goods train going by!

G

We got it in Swindon. Or so everyone at work said...

I happen to be pretty damn good at this sleeping lark. If anyone thinks a quake is gonna wake me then they've got another thing coming!

I

imported_Risso

Felt it in Hampshire, just as I was about to go to sleep, I was scared silly

I

imported_infiniti

I felt it here in East Anglian, I was lounging on the sofa when I felt it. I thought I'd imagined it until the next day when i heard of the earthquake.

What made me laugh however, is a friend owns a pub and its apparently haunted, so when things started shaking, him and his misses thought it was something supernatual! Heheh

My lil pup though was like whatever...

G

*shrugs* i was asleep, first i heard of it was a glimpse of the tv as i was heading out the door to work at 6am

C

Carcer Blackfyre

It shook me outta bed in Rotherham and knocked the dirty calender off my kitchen wall =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

It shook me outta bed in Rotherham and knocked the dirty calender off my kitchen wall =)

[/ QUOTE ]
That'll teach you to live in Rotherham!

C

Carcer Blackfyre

Rofl aye *looks up immigrating to France*

*sighs* been back less than 24 hours and i get flamed *grins*

G

<blockquote><hr>

i thought i was at a harrower, i expected wither spam to follow.

but seriously, didn't even wake me. my body must have registered it as a fart.

[/ QUOTE ]*holds hands up in confession* Okay, I laffed. Hard.

I slept through it here in London.

Hatchlings!