• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Virtues

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello UO...

What happened to the foundation of this game?!? Conveniently got put on hold or what? The Virtue armor set was nice, but decor/background junk.

There was an idea for UOX or UO2 that the virtues would be tied to your weapon and armor. How about completing the virtue quests and try adding some virtue bonuses to the existing virtue armor set? Each tier of virtue enables more powers in each piece of armor, not all pieces have to be equiped to use, but the more pieces a complete set has, the greater the overall bonus.

While on that note, the whole Item Set notion in UO should get a serious revamp. Take a look at Diablo's items sets...each piece has its nice little benefits but with each additional piece, the more mods become available and a complete set has even more mods. The whole item set idea in UO consists of rediculously useless single pieces best replaced by barbed kit made stuff and a complete set with nothing special. Thus NO one in the game wears a complete item set unless maybe the Assassin set. That being said, the other set items are so difficult to get and useless, no one bothers with the sets...again great idea, no player input = wasted concept.

I just hope these focus groups are not as dim witted as Leurocian...sry bud but AoS really drove the stake into UO's heart and stopped all its forward progress IMHO.

Flame away.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be cool.
What would also be cool would be having the rest of the virtues be added with their bonus's. From what I remember, once you became a knight of all the virtues, you were suppose to have a cool title "Knight of the Virtues" added. Of course, that was long time ago, back when we were suppose to have sea horses in Ilshenar I think, lol. But this must have been one of those promises that were forgotten about me thinks.

T

Trebr Drab

I don't like predesigned sets because it takes away the players ability to customize their characters. But I think your idea has merit anyways, if the bonuses could be applied to any armor piece, but also with armor that makes sense to the "template", i.e. metals for fighters, leathers for thieves, cloth for mages, etc.

I don't see anything like this coming though, except as yet more of the inflation of items power. I don't think UO has the ability to do anything unique due to the corporate system.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just read the part about adding or completing the virtues.
Yay for something to deal with the virtues, so long as its simple enough to understand and not ungodly powerful.